Search

Cleveland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Melissa

Cleveland

I'm visiting the R&R Hall of Fame later this month. Does anyone know if I'll need more than one day to visit the exhibits? Also, I'm looking for info on the Flats. Where do I find information on who's playing or is this just local clubs with local bands. Thanks for your help!

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 07:57 AM
xx

check out www.clevelandohio.com<<<<

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Anna

You will not need more than one day at the Hall of Fame. In fact, you won't even need one day. My husband, parents and I drove to Cleveland just to see it, and we were all sorely dissapointed. Only about 2 of the exhibits were interesting and well-done. And there was a short film I enjoyed. Otherwise, it was a complete waste of money and time. It reminded me basically of a large Hard Rock Cafe.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Tammy

I have to disagree with the previous post. My husband and I really liked (not loved) the R&R Hall of Fame. We're huge Beatles, Hendrix, Zeppelin and Rolling Stones fans. They have a lot of their costumes. There are booths where you can listen to any and I believe all recordings ever made by each artist. I also liked the booths where you can listen to the artists that influenced your favorites. The large room where they show a tribute to all inductees is a great exhibit. It brought tears to our eyes more than once. I wish they had more stuff instead of it being spread through out the Hard Rock Cafes

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Anna

Tammy hit the nail on the head--the exhibit where you could listen to music was by far the best, but nothing else even came close.

When I was there, the Hall had ONE mention each of Elvis and the Beatles. Couldn't believe it!

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 08:46 AM
sheri

I grew up in the Cleveland area. Here are my thoughts... The flats are ok if you are 18-25, but after that, the fun seems to fade away. Very "meat market" type places. One thoughthooters is a good place to sit, eat and drink. They have patio seating in the summer on the river.
I would recommend the Warehouse District (W. 6th area) more of a 23-40 age group with classier bar type places. Tremont is up and coming, too. Let me know if you need anything more....

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 09:17 AM
xxx

Gee Sheri..anyone that hangs out in a bar, classy or not, is looking to pick someone up!

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Kathy

I hang out in bars, with my husband. Don't think we're looking to pick up. Just want to enjoy a few beers and the atmosphere. Lighten up.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Cheri

Do they still light the lake on fire in the summer?

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Jim

They cleaned the river up and it doesn't burn anymore. As to Sheri's comment, there are all ages of people that party in the flats. If you like great music the flats is the place to be. I guess Sheri likes to hang out in clubs that cater to the boring, snobby yuppies.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer(newspaper) or one of the local radio stations should have info on who is playing where. Have fun! I love the flats!