Clearwater Beach area-1st time

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2019, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are spending week end at Clearwater Beach...we wont have a car but would Uber if worth it....should we send a day in Tampa, S. Petersburg or stay in Clearwater Beach? We love shopping and museums.
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:09 PM

There is the museum in Clearwater where Winter, the dolphin from the movie Dolphin Tale, lives. Tampa and St Pete have more museums than Clearwater; I would head to St Pete probably; check out the Don Cesar hotel and walk around it. Be sure to go to Frenchy's Rockaway Grill on Clearwater Beach and order she crab soup!
Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:49 AM

Take a trip to St. Petersburg. I love the Dali Museum, it's stunning and a must see if you are in the area. Within a mile or two of the Dali there is the Chihuly Collection and the Morean Arts Center, as well as the Florida Holocaust Museum.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:04 PM

I would stay in St. Pete. We have done so twice recently, and found it to be wonderful. We stayed at the Hyatt Place, which is in a good location, a couple of blocks from the water. On Saturday, there is a street festival with food and music, and this happens every week. The museums are wonderful, but my favorite activity is walking along the water. On our last trip there, I woke my husband up, and we walked for about a mile on the water while watching the sunrise. He thought I was nuts, but in the end, he said it was beautiful. If you like beer, there are many small breweries there as well. Many of the buildings in downtown St. Pete are original and historical--I found a self-guided walking tour online, and we enjoyed it.

I personally don't think Clearwater Beach is as interesting as downtown St. Pete.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!

the wedding is in Clearwater so need to stay there and spend a day in St. Pete.
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 08:32 PM

Clearwater First Time: Beaches, Restaurants and Hotels!

Hi,
Okay, so really it depends on what you're looking for. I personally love the Clearwater, St.Pete's area and that's where I would head.
Clearwater has some great cheap activities like Pier 60 and everything is pretty central to that Pier, so if you're looking for great restaurants like The Columbia, The Beachcomber, Sandbar and great bar spots like Woodwright Brewing and Soggy Bottom Brewery you should hit Clearwater. Here are some great links that may be helpful for activities, hotels, and restaurants.

If you're deadset on Tampa, that's also a great choice as well! If you’re looking for an area with a lot of activity and things to do, I would hit Picnic Beach and stay near the water. There is so much to do, including paddle pubs, jetskiing, the aquarium (swim with sharks if you want) and a ton more.
If you’re looking for a cool area to walk around and see I would hit Ybor City during the day, during the night it turns into a madhouse and can be a great spot to go out, but during the day it’s architecturally gorgeous and offers a ton to do! If you’re there at night The Ybor City Ghost Tour is AWESOME!

For a night out, you really can’t go wrong with Ybor City which has the likes of Ciro’s Speakeasy (super swanky), The Getaway, Whiskey Joe’s and so many more.

Hopefully, that helps!
Bubba