Classic Sailing Adventures - San Diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all... has anyone used this company in San Diego for a day of sailing?

Any other suggestions? I'd like to go out for a sailboat ride in early September. I want to get out in the ocean, not just around the bay. Thanks for any advice!
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Anybody have ideas or opinions about a different sailboating company to use for a daytrip?
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Slw

We went out with them for 1/2 day last year. It was very nice - nice boat with a wheel so I got to "drive" a bit. Got out of the bay and went up the coast a bit.
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying. I was wondering, how did you come to choose this particular company to sail with?
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

I thought I'd top this to see if anyone else might like to comment. There's another company that sounds interesting called Serenity Sailing. Thanks for any further replies. I'm trying to get more of an idea what the experience would be like.

Old Sep 25th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Original Poster

Well, I thought I'd top this one more time to report back about Classic Sailing in San Diego. It was FANTASTIC! I went on the half-day sail at 1:00 p.m. on September 7th. Supposedly, September is the best month of the year for sailing in San Diego. Lucky me! "Captain Ted" took my five friends and I out about 4 miles into the ocean and we returned to the marina about 5:00 p.m. We got to participate in the sail by pulling the ropes and steering the vessel. Various beverages were complimentary including wine, soda, beer, and water. Cheese/crackers/raw veges and dip were also offered. The best $65 I've spent in a long, long time! They are located at the Shelter Island Marina, right next door to the Best Western Island Palms. Please, if anyone here decides to go out with Classic Sailing after reading this, tell Captain Ted that Sandi the Cardinals fan sent you.

San Diego and Southern California in general is one of the few places I've traveled to that I will definitely go back to. Not that I don't find enjoyment in all my trips, but there are usually so many more places I want to visit that I rarely make repeat trips. Not the case here.