Oahu Convention Center

Search

Oahu Convention Center

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oahu Convention Center

I'm trying again to post correctly this time. Please give opinions about hotels near the Convention Center, preferably walking distance. However, if there is another, better approach to this, am open to suggestions.
I'm intrigued by the Hilton Hawaiian Village, but a friend says the Royal Hawaiian is also great. I want beach front at the most reasonable prices available.
Hubby will be in a meeting in July '05 but I'll be free to roam (of course he'll have some time too). Expect it to be at 5-6 days.
We are a conservative, 50ish fairly active couple(I'm a PT). This is our 1st and may be our only oportunity to HA so may be willing to splurge on nicer accomodation here and do B&B or Condo on next ?island(s), but have been amazed at the rack rates I've seen listed!OSB.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:25 PM

Rack rates are probably all there are right now. You'll get MUCH better deals later in the year is my guess. Did you look into the Halekulani? One of the best hotels for service on the planet, is what they say...

Have fun! We have a convention in August-Sept and will be there for the 1rst time too.

Steve
Maryland
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Stever, Thanks for your reply. The place looks great but alittle more of a splurge than I think I'm ready for! Guess I'm just a cheapskate at heart! I think my idea of a splurge is to get the beachfront room in a moderate end hotel.

This was my 2nd attempt at posting and still must be doing something wrong, as my post doesn't come up when I do a Hawaii search. More lessons please? OSB.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 08:52 PM

Ala Moana Hotel is less than a block away...call direct, as they often have "specials":
http://www.alamoanahotel.com
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

ttt

Why is it that when I search with Oahu Convention Center in both the general interest and the Hawaii areas, this does not come up? Thanks, OSB.
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 01:56 PM

I just did a search on Hawaii and on Oahu and your message came up both times.
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM

I have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village twice and have enjoyed it very much. I've splurged and stayed in the Ali'i Tower, which has its own private terrace w/swimming pool and eating area.

I think you would like the HHV. There are many towers at this resort, and it is beach front, and it also has some nice pool areas.
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 07:25 PM

I don't care for the Royal Hawaiian. It's too far to walk also. The hotels in walking distance to the convention center are not that great. The Ala Moana is decent, but not on the beach or anything. The walk from HHV would be possible if you were a strong walker. The Hawaii Prince would be possible also. If it is your only trip to Hawaii I would go with the HHV.
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:17 AM

This past Feb. we spent 3 nights at the Hawaii Prince Hotel and walked to the Convention Center. The Hawaii Prince is a lovely hotel very close to the Hawaiian Hilton and the Convention Center. The floor to ceiling windows face the ocean and you can open them to feel the ocean breeze.We were able to get this 5* hotel through Priceline for just under $100. per night. We would stay here again. (Also a wonderful seafood buffet)