Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Cincinnati airport - will we ahve time to catch our connection??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are arriving from the UK into Cincinnati on WEd and then connecting with Comair to Washington DC. We have been given 2 1/2 hrs to catch the connecting flight. I understand we will ahve to catch a shuttle bus and change terminals. Bearing in mind we will have to clear customs and immigration, pick up luggae and check in for the second flight will we have time ? As we are in the USA for only five days I think we should play safe and just take hand luggage but hubby thinks we will be fine ! Any info very gratefully received thanks
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Cincinnati is a big airport, but oddly efficient. Because there are not a lot of international flights, I wouldn't expect things to be that congested. I think 2.5 hours should be fine.
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 09:38 AM

Don't worry. If your UK-Washington trip is on the same DL ticket, they will get you there even if you miss the connection. There are several more flights to Washington on both Comair or DL's mainline planes.
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you - my mind is now at rest and I shall stop trying to shove everything into a rucksack and pack the suitcase!
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 11:36 AM
maj

Are you sure you have to pick up your luggage? I am not an experienced international flier, but when we went to Canada (and back) we had a connecting flight in Salt Lake City and our luggage was sent on to the connecting flights both ways. But then, come to think of it, we went through US Customs in Canada.
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Hi Maj - yes we do have to clear customs - Although our final destination is DC we are entering the US in Cincinnati - so as that is our entry port we have to clear Immigration/customs there. I did wonder this myself but have checked with Delta here in the UK and they have confimed it .
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Usually when you clear customs at a connecting airport you just take your luggage a short distance and re-check it. I don't think you would need to worry about schlepping it onto a shuttle.