Reload this Page >

Christmas in Brooklyn??

Search

Christmas in Brooklyn??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
newbie_barbie

Christmas in Brooklyn??

Traditionally we visit NYC around the holidays. This year I could get a good rate at the Marriott in Brooklyn. Other than the South Street Seaport, is there anything else to see that's christmasy for 2 adults and 2 toddlers? If not, we'll probably just stay at the Courtyard on 3rd Ave. As always, thanks for all suggestions.

Old Oct 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do realize that while the South Street Seaport is near the Brooklyn Bridge it is in Manhattan and not in Brooklyn.

Sorry, I can help you with "Christmasy things" in Brooklyn.

Manhattan, however, does have lots of Christmas Displays/Events such as Radio City's Christmas Show, Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, and many of the retail stores on Fifth Avenue have wonderful window decorations.
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
newbie_barbie

Yes, I do realize that. I meant that it was close to the bridge. Just as I thought, we should stick to Manattan for all the Christmas action. Thank you.

Old Oct 9th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some nice small scale holiday events at South Street Seaport, but not so many that it should influence your choice of hotel location. As others have noted, once you're not in walking distance, it shouldn't matter if you're a 10 minute subway ride away, or a 15-20 minute one.
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Take a look at this -
http://www.asliceofbrooklyn.com/christmas.html
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 05:25 AM
newbie_barbie

Wow Starrs, you may have hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what I was hoping for! I just need to find out if they will be doing those tours this year. Thank you.

Old Oct 10th, 2008, 05:50 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
They are. This is the first year of the Christmas tour.

I took the regular Slice of Brooklyn Pizza tour in June - and loved it. The guy that runs the tour company is a blast! I hope that as he grows the other guides are just as good.

I took the tour on my last day in NYC - after checking my bags at the hotel and wanting to spend more time "seeing stuff" before my flight. I think you and the toddlers will enjoy sitting back in the tour coach and seeing the highlights of Brooklyn - especially during the cold winter months. I may be doing it in November.