Chicago Question for Chicgal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the good advise from all of you but particulary from chicgal. I have just one more question (for now). We plan on going on the Architecture Foundation Tour located at Wacker & Michigan. We would prefer to go on a tour based on what kind of day, weather wise, we get up to in Chicago. Will advance reservations really be needed in September for this tour as some folks recommend? Now far in advance? Thanks again!
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 11:40 AM

We did the arch. boat tour in May and it was great!! Guide talked nonstop (in a good way!) the whole time. The day we went it was full, and I bought tickets ahead online...but might not be as busy in Sept. If you miss the first one, there are several in a day, so you could buy that day and come back in the afternoon.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I'm going to have to think about this one. We will have full days in the city on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. I may just pull up the 10 day weather forecast for Chicago before we depart on the trip & hope the weather folks are correct. Just "one" more question - is there any best time for the tour? Morning or afternoon or does it matter?
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Hi Shea: We took the 11 am tour (arrived at 10:15 to pick up tickets and wait in line) and found that it was very comfortable (not too hot). We also thought the lighting was good for picture taking along the river at that time. It is a cruise very much worth taking!
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 01:27 PM

I should clarify my post. The hotel concierge called and reserved our CAF tickets the day before but we had to pick them up no later than a half an hour before the cruise or they would go back on the market.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 02:00 PM

When I was there in late June, we just walked up at 2:30 and bought tickets for the 3:00 tour without any problem. My husband lined up at the dock while I went and bought the tickets. It was a gloriously sunny day and we had a fabulous time--the highlight of our trip.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the info.