COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Chicago - "In"/"New" Restaurants

Old Nov 1st, 2004, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Chicago - "In"/"New" Restaurants

Message: My step-mother and I travel to Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving every year to go Christmas shopping. We've gone for the past 8-10 years, and every year I attempt to find "new" places for us to have dinner. Places we've enjoyed in the past include: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab; Blackbird; Gibson's; mk; Avenues; One Sixtyblue; Nine; Grace; Tompolabompo; Shaws; among various others. As you can see, we enjoy steak and seafood, we do not care for French restaurants or "chain" restaurants. Any good suggestions for our trip this year???? Thank you!
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Head a bit west to and walk from Division/Ashland to Division and Western (about an 8 block stretch) you'll have more choices than you'll know what to do with. Mas, Bob San and Miria's Sushi, Settimana,etc...
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 06:41 AM

Check out this link from the Tribune today.http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/d...thescene.story
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 07:35 AM

A couple come to mind. Green Zebra (opened by Shawn McClain of Spring), Boka (close to the theatres on Halstead), Le Lan (which has French influences, but infused with Asian...it is very happening right now, and excellent!). Japonais is still pretty hot, and a beautiful setting with good food (asian).

There are also some great new restaurants in the Lincoln Square neighborhood.

Check out Metromix.com for reviews and ideas.

Have fun!
Kristy
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 07:14 AM

I second the Tango Sur recommendation. Very nice place.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone - for all of your suggestions! I'm going to try and get some reservations now!