Chicago hotel shut-out!!

Search

Chicago hotel shut-out!!

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago hotel shut-out!!

Have tried to book a hotel room in the city for May 21 and 22 to no avail. Seems there is a Restaurant convention in town and I can't find a room for love or money! So I guess it's out to the burbs and using the metra. I am very disappointed.
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM

We had difficulty finding rooms the weekend before because May 14-19 is Digestive Disease Week which is apparently very big. We ended up moving our trip to this coming weekend and had much better luck though.

Hope you can find something!

Have you checked into B&Bs? There are several in Wicker Park, Gold Coast, etc. that would be better than staying far out in the suburbs.

Try
www.oldtownchicago.com/
www.chicago-inn.com/
www.cityscenebb.com/
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/chicago-illinois.html ( a listing site that would have other choices)
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:37 AM
JJ5

Just to see what I could find I just did a fast 1 minute search on hotwire.com and I found three center city choices. None are cheap. But I found a Wacker Dr. area right on the river for $309.00 per night. Which is a steal getting into the scene this late.

Of course you will have it charged to a credit card and you will not be able to cancel. Check it out. www.hotwire.com and check off all the areas in the "first block" and for your two nights. There are still choices.

You will be able to get for less on others, as well. But these choices were all great location. If you wait and things are busy, they get expensive. But all are definitely not filled. That was just hotwire, there are all kinds of other sites to book a hotel for those nights and availability yet.
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:39 AM
JJ5

Oh Yes, don't dither.

Book now, as it will only get more expensive to wait.

You don't want to be out in the burbs and if the hotels are booked- the B&B's are going to be so and more $$$$.
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:01 AM

It may be too late for this as well, but vrbo.com has several apartments and condos listed for Chicago. Some of them aren't too unreasonably priced.

Actually, Sutton Place ($266) and the Raphael ($255) are both coming up as available on Expedia.

Travelocity has the Sheraton for $369

Quikbook has the hotel Burnham for $329, the Sheraton for $359 Saturday and $259 on Sunday and the Fitzpatrick for $299/night.