chicago hotel near northwestern law

Jul 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

chicago hotel near northwestern law

Will be in Chicago 7/27-8/1 and need a hotel near Northwestern Law School. Fooled around and let cheap rate on the Drake get away from me, but will keep watching. What else is close that you might suggest <$200?

Thanks.
Jul 7th, 2003, 01:19 PM

Try the Sheraton--hope you're not here for the bar exam--I'm getting bad flashbacks!
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:34 AM

Try Priceline, I've seen great rates for Chicago hotels. You can bid by area, anything in the North Michigan Avenue area should be fine.

Check out www.biddingfortravel.com before you bid.
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:42 AM

There are at least 50 hotels that are less than a half mile from the campus. This map should help you sort them out.
http://www.chicago.il.org/HOTELS_MICHIGANAVE.HTM
Westin, Fitzpatrick, Delaware Towers, Tremont are all good prospects.

Good luck!
Jul 8th, 2003, 08:09 AM

Try

www.hotrooms.com

for good discount rates.
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I've never tried Priceline, but I think I'll give it a try, especially since I see that they have a travel ins. for only $5 a day. Nonrefundable concerned me due to unforeseen events. I found the Talbott after a little checking, and it looks nice and interesting; hotrooms had it much cheaper than their website. Experience there, anyone?
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:03 PM

Centex, the closest hotel to NU Law is the Hotel W Lakeshore (not W City Center). It's a fabulous hotel, but might not fit your budget (unless they have a deal on their website).

The Talbott is a charming european-style hotel that is the complete opposite of the trendy W. It's in a beautiful area, East of Michigan Ave, and not too far from NU Law at all. It's an older hotel, so it may not be pristine, but the location is great if you found a good price.
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:07 PM

I should add that I'm a huge believer for using priceline for hotels--but you really must consult biddingfortravel first to see what hotels seem to be most frequently awarded at which prices. You'll want the North Michigan Ave (NMA) region to be closest to NU Law.