Reload this Page >

Best mid-price hotel in Chicago?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:55 PM
AJJ

I've never been to Chicago and would like to go for a long weekend. I'd like to stay downtown (or wherever the "city" action is). I would like a nice place, but don't need top-dollar. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:54 AM
chicago traveler

I have stayed in downtown Chicago several times over the past 8 months. I would NEVER spend what those places are looking for. I have stayed at both the Sheraton and Hyatt Regency for under $60 thanks to priceline.com! They were gorgeus hotels right in the heart of the city. That is my best recommendation. You couldn't go wrong in downtown Chicago with priceline. If you are afraid of priceine, I would try the Days Inn....although they book quickly because of the fair rates.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:16 AM
pj

I love Chicago, definitely try priceline. I always request 4**** hotels. NM or SM ave, I have stayed at Hyatt on wacker. Palmer house on Monroe,Hilton Towers on S. Michigan ave. My prices range 46.00 to 55.oo a night. Check out Biddingfortravel.com. Gives you the scoop on priceline. PJ

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 09:35 AM
lisa

We got a nice rate last summer at the Wyndham. It's just a block off Michigan Ave and is a very nice, full-service hotel.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:31 AM
Maureen

AJJ-

Try the Best Western Inn Inn of Chicago at Ohio and Michigan. Rooms are small but adequate. It is one block from the Magnificent Mile, and very close to the Water Tower and the rates are reasonable.

Good luck. I have been to Chicago every year for long weekends since 1990, and I love that town.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:42 AM
lena

Use Priceline for the hotel and stay in the Miracle Mile.