chicago city fireworks July 3

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chicago city fireworks July 3

If we are not willing to sit most of the day to stake out a spot to watch the fireworks, is there anyplace that we can get a reasonably good view of them? I believe I read that we can get the music broadcast over the radio, so we'd probably want to do that. Location isn't that important. We're staying at Omni Ambassador East, but don't mind a bit of a walk back to the hotel and may stop in somewhere for a late snack or drink afterward anyway.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:36 AM

You're a brave sould to fight that crowd on July 3rd! I would reccomend getting over to the lake front path and walking south to right past Marina Tower and find a spot. It should give you good views and the opportunity to bolt out of their before most of the crowd when the fireworks are over.

You could then head over to Rush/Division area for you late night snack.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I'm not familiar with Marina Tower. Can you tell me where that is? Is it the Marina City condo building that I find with a web search that is north of the mag mile area? If so, will we be able to see the fireworks from there, or will Navy Pier be in the way?
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:59 PM

I believe the advice there was right on except I think the previous poster was talking about LAKE POINT tower. Lake Point tower is directly west of Navy Pier. Anything on the south side of Navy Pier along the lake should have a pretty good view of the fireworks.

My fun spot to watch them is on Upper Randolph where ends (that is slightly raised up above the level Grant/Millenium park is at). To get to that just go down Michigan until you hit Randolph (north edge of Millenium Park) and then head towards the lake.

Have fun!!
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM

Thanks Brad. I had good intentions but didn't think before I wrote. Lake Point Tower it is
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:41 PM

You will be there during Taste of Chicago so you are going to have a very hard time finding a good spot no matter where anyone suggests....My favorite spot is on the water on a boat!