Hotel View to Chicago's July 4th Fireworks

Old Jun 8th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel View to Chicago's July 4th Fireworks

Planning to go to Chicago next year for a long July 4th weekend. We don't know Chicago well. I had hoped to book an apartment with balcony facing Navy pier so we could watch the fireworks from there and avoid crowds. But nothing is available. So I've booked a room with a view (specifying a lake view) at the Hyatt Regency. Are we likely to be able to see the fireworks from our room?
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 07:44 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you look at AirBnBs in Streeterville arwa, east of Michigan Avenue near the lake. Look for high rises apts, facing south and or east. East Ohio, Grand would be good.
W Hotel Lakefront is in very good position, Swisshotel( fitness center on rop floor), farther down the Chicago River toward the lake than the Hyatt which might have a view but doubtful.
Ask more queations here! I used to live on the lakefront near where fireworks go off.
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was staying at the Swisshotel once when there were fireworks. I could see them if I stood with my eyes on the window (literally) but it wasn’t a great view. Certainly not the way fireworks should be seen and felt!