Cheap place to park @ Waikiki

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going in April for a week but staying on Windward coast in a cottage. When we do descend to Waikiki where can we park? How about the daily cost?

Also, can someone give me an updated cost for breakfast buffet @ the Waikiki Parc?
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM

I'd be more worried about parking on the windward side!

There is street parking in Waikiki, especially on Ala Wai blvd and most of the cross streets. Also quite a bit down by Discovery bay. There are hotel and public lots as well, but they are pretty pricey unless you'll be able to get a validation (if you eat or shop there).

There is a big public lot by the Zoo- it is metered, and there is a limit (3 hours? 5 hours?)That's where we usually park.

Another option is to park at Ala Moana Center in the center or the surrounding streets and take the Waikiki bus from the center. It is only a few minutes ride. Just make sure you check the hours for the center's parking if you're going in the evening. Don't want to get locked in!
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Icuy for all the great advice! We stayed at the Waikiki Parc last visit and valet parking was great-have to fend for ourselves this time.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM

If you can get it on Ala Wai that's the perfect place to park. Our sneaky trick was to park at the Royal Hawaiian parking garage and eat at the Cheesecake Factory. They validate your parking and then it's like $3. However, it's always such a zoo at CF, I'm sure you could walk in, have one drink at the bar and then just walk up to the hostess stand and they'd still validate you.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

CF sounds like a great place to grab a dessert and head out from there-thanks!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 11:21 AM

Good tips on the Cheesecake Factory, never thought of that! I grew up in Kailua, so when we head downtown, we'll park at the public lot by the Zoo and plug the meter if we're just going for a few hours to surf or lay out on the beach.

At night, there is a parking garage at Waikiki Trade Center on Seaside Ave. that we use.... Go east down Kalakaua Ave. & take a left onto Seaside. There are two garages on your right hand side that offer $4 parking after 5 p.m. or all day on Sat. or Sun.

Also found this handy Web site on parking in Waikiki:

http://www.waikikiimprovement.com/holoholo.html

Have fun!