Overnight Parking in Waikiki?

Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Overnight Parking in Waikiki?

My family is staying at the "Outrigger Waikiki at the Beach" in a few weeks for 10 days/nights. We'll have a rental car that entire time. I see that they charge $18 a night for parking which would set me back a whopping $180!

However, I note that the Sheraton Waikiki charges "$10/day for self-parking." Does anybody know for sure if the Sheraton's $10 is available to anybody (i.e., non-guests)? Since it is "self-parking" I'm thinking there's a good chance it would be. I'd love to save the $80 and park there instead.

Any thoughts anybody?
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:37 PM

There is street parking in Waikiki, some of it unmetered, some of it with tow away times, so be careful. Recent construction projects have eaten up a lot of the spaces though, so you may spend more in gas cruising than the $18!

You should call the Sheraton. I'm guessing for $10, it is either for registered guests or does not allow in/out privileges. I was there for a wedding recently and short term with validation was $4 or $5.

Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

About an hour ago I sent an email to the Sheraton making the inquiry so should hear from them in a day or two.

I can see it both ways (yay or nay), but I'd hate to think they'd turn away paying (parking) customers if the spaces would otherwise go completely unused.... What would be opposite of "ka-ching!" -- I guess "ka-thunk!"

Anyway, thanks for your input - the more (from you/others/the Sheraton), the better.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM

Its a pain to find a space in there, and most hotel garages in Waikiki, so I don't think they worry much about vacancies!

i just called them (the Sheraton) and rates are $15/self park, $25 valet (plus taxes) for hotel guests only.

She said only if you have a guest request the pass can you do anything other than hourly or event parking.

I'd bite the bullet and park in the Outrigger.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM

My thought is... parking in Waikiki is expensive
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM

There is street parking along Ala Wai canal, but cars do get broken into there.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks "lcuy." I did receive a response back from the Sheraton and they've said the exact same thing. I guess $18/night it is. Sorry dear wife, one less mai tai for you each night.... haha!

Search this Thread