Cheap Parking at Logan Airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize that "cheap" and "Logan Airport" don't exactly go hand-in-hand, but I have a four day trip coming up in a couple of week and, for various reasons, need to drive my car to and from Logan Airport before my flight and upon my return (so if you reply to this post, please don't say, "Why don't you have a friend drive you?" Its not an option.)

Anyway, as overnight parking rates at the various Logan lots range from ridiculous to absurd, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest any alternatives in the area? I'm willing to get creative, if it will save me a few hundred bucks.

Thanks.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 05:41 PM

Try "Park, Shuttle & Fly". Here's the website http://www.parkshuttlefly.com/ and if you go to the rates section, you can print a coupon for $2.00 off the daily rate of $17.50. We've used it several times and it's worked fine. There is a shuttle to take you to your terminal and then you call them when you have your bag and they pick you up.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:40 PM

HI--I do not believe that there is any way to save a few hundred bucks, b/c even the full parking charge right in the airport is not even close to that amount. Central Parking and/or Terminal B are $24/day. Provided that your time is truly 4 days, i.e. a total of four 24 hour periods, the price will be $96. Not cheap by any means, but unless I am way off, I cannot figure out how you would save "hundreds" off a total of 96....

IMO, the offsite places are difficult to get to, altho that depends a lot on which part of the area you are coming from. I think they may be closer for people coming from the North Shore. But it would have to be really convenient for me to bother with all that for a $9/day difference in price, esp when you take into account how stressful the whole airport experience is these days.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:06 AM

Years ago when we had a very early flight we stayed at the airport Holiday Inn which provided free parking and shuttle. I think a week of free parking was the limit. But for $24/day and only 4 days, Logan parking sounds cheaper. Not sure if hotels near the airport still offer this service or not.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM

You can try Logan Express, which is a bus service with remote parking.

You can find the exact price on their website (Google it) for the bus roundtrip plus per day parking.

At most, you'll save $30-40 for the trouble - don't know if it's worth it.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM

I second park, shuttle and fly if you're coming in from north of Boston. It's very easy.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 12:13 PM

My favorite it Thrifty for offsite parking. $13/day with an online coupon at longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpthriftybos.htm and their shuttle is more convenient.