Old Mar 10th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PArking at PHL Airport

What are long term choices for parking? we will be away 3 weeks

melissa
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 01:27 PM

There was a thread on this a while back, comparing parking lots that shuttle you to the airport. We've used Kinney and they're OK - the price is good. Some places will wash your car for you. I'd avoid the Phila airports economy parking. The shuttle buses don't run that frequently. My husband and I would split up and I'd wait for our luggage (which Phila. rarely gets out in a timely manner) while he went to wait for the shuttle and get the car. There were times I brought our bags outside and he was still waiting for a shuttle bus.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 01:28 PM
yk

Melissa-

The official Long Term Parking lot at PHL is $8/24hrs.
http://www.phl.org/directions.html

There are a few other long term parking companies around as well, and probably $7/day or so. Do a google search and you will find them.

There are also motels & inns nearby the airport that offer "free" 1-2week parking IF you stay at the hotel for 1 night. I haven't seen any that offers 3 weeks but you can consider calling them and ask, if you want to spend the night before near the airport.

Just curious, how far are you coming from? Wouldn't a shuttle be more economical (depending on how many people in your party)?

The most economical option is taking SEPTA for $5.50 to PHL.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 03:24 PM
AC

When we fly out of PHL, we park with Pacifico Valet.
They drive you to the airport, car is secured and cleaned and they pick us up when we return. I beleive the fee is around ten dollars a day. If you are a AAA member you receive a ten percent discount. The website, www.pacificovalet.com usually had a downloadable coupon also for ten percent off
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM

We have stayed at the Ramada near the airport when we fly out of Philadelphia. Parking is included with the cost of one nights stay. But, the best part is that it is a gated lot with 24 hour security. So, you aren't just leaving your car in the hotel parking lot. Shuttle to the airport is very convenient.

But, if you decide to stay, ask if there are any "events" going on. On one of our overnights, we were booked into a tatoo and body piercing convention!! Wow, what an experience! Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep before our trip with the partying going on in the hallways. But, we have stayed there on other occasions, and everything was fine.

There is also a restaurant near the hotel called Lehman's. Very good and reasonable. It has become a tradition for us to have dinner there before any trip leaving from Phila.

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

we are coming from central nj and WHile we will most likely take a taxi to the airport, i was just wondering what the cost to park would be.

thanks

melissa
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 04:33 AM

We need convenient parking at PHL for 3 days. Has anyone used the PHL Long-Term parking and other vendors and can comment on which one takes the least amount of time from drop-pff to airport terminal? Has anyone used PHL long-term parking early on a Saturday morning (around 6 AM)?

Thanks.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 04:53 AM

The cheapest parking you are going to find for PHL is $6 a day. For 21 days that's going to be $120.

By law, a taxi from anywhere in Center City Philly to the airport must charge $22. That'd be $44 round trip.

So if you can get from your residence to Center City for $70 RT, you'll be ahead by not even trying to park at the airport. NJTransit goes all over South Jersey into Philly.

You might even check with local cabs to see how much they'll charge to take you from your front door to PHL. Even if it's more than $60 one way, the convenience of door to door delivery may just be worth it.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:22 AM

We always use Kinney park - they send a shuttle bus to get you - it's $6 a day with a coupon. Pacifico is also fine -- all are better than the official city airport long-term parking.