Cheap Hotels At Myrtle Beach

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Karen

Cheap Hotels At Myrtle Beach

I am going the Myrtle Beach Ausg 17-24, Could you please tell me if there are any really cheap hotels near the beach or close to it. We are dring there from Ct. so small distance when where there is ok. We will be at the beach all day, and at the clubs at night, so we really don't need a 5 star hotel. Please help. Thank You.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:17 AM
tcapp

Try the Forest Dunes. They are very lovely and reasonable for all the amenities they offer. Website: www.forestdunes.com

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:14 AM
chuck

Karen,

I've heard Forest Dunes is nice, but if you want really cheap, you can do better.

There are many small hotels in the area, but here are two that I've seen that look ok from the outside. Both are in North Myrtle Beach:

Blue Water Inn--oceanfront, 3 or 4 story hotel, oceanview rooms at $50 per night. (800) 213-7333.

St. Charles Inn--across the street from the Ocean, rooms at about $59 per night. (843) 272-6748.

The beach is nice at these locations.

Have a great time!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 01:57 PM
cl9

I took a road trip to Myrtle Beach (from Kansas) in August a few years ago. If you're willing to risk it, you can negotiate a price with a hotel when you get there. We split up and go prices quoted, had any decent sounding room held and met back up. We ended up with a great suite and a beach view pretty cheap. But we were willing to turn around and drive back to the highway to stay if we needed to.

A word of caution, if you try this make sure there aren't any big events when you'll be there. If we'd have been there a day earlier we'd have been SOL for one night.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 01:57 PM
cl9

oh,
I think we stayed at the Isle of Capri (or something like that).

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Stephanie P.

Karen:

I stayed at Palm Crest Motel in 1995 and 1997. It's an inexpensive motel in the middle of everything. I think the cheapest room would be $300-350. My family stayed in the oceanfront suite, the most inexpensive would be streetside w/one queen w/refrigerator and probably a microwave. Look at: palmcrestmotel.com for some idea of what the place looks like.