Cheap/Cool Bars

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap/Cool Bars

I have two guy friends (I am a girl) coming in for one night to visit and I want to take them out somewhere. Doesnt matter much where, I am in Foggy Bottom but anywhere metro accessable. I am extremely new to DC just moved here and dont know anything about the nightlife. We are all 22 years old, prefer a place where there are similar age groups or mid 20s professionals. Cheap drinks, bar/sportsbar/anything guys would feel comfortable at....thanks!
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 11:33 AM
bamakelly

Sorry I can't help you regarding DC, but I can help you get more responses: try posting your question again with "Washington DC" in the title. It will help to know where you're talking about before people open the thread.

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM

It's be a few years, but I'd guess that Adams Morgan is where you want to go.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 02:44 PM

There are a number of newish trendy hipster type bars in DC, but they might not fit the bill as they are definitely not cheap and might have more attitude than what you're after if your friends are more casual. An example is Helix in the hotel of the same name on Rhode Island Ave. Actually, I just googled it to confirm its address and found this site, which rates trendy bars in DC: http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/washington-dc/
helix-lounge-washington-dc.htm

If you are looking for a cheap place to eat that's also good, you might try The Diner on 18th Street in Adams Morgan. Then, as Brian suggests, you can find lots of other bars to go to after dinner (incuding Tryst, a few doors down and owned by the same person as The Diner, which is a combo bar/coffee house/lounge).
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM

If you're in Foggy Bottom,you're within walking distance to Georgetown,home of lots and lots of bars and pubs catering to people just you age.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM

Besides Adams Morgan, and Georgetown, many 20-somethings go to Whitlows on Wilson.