Search

Cave Creek Arizona

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cave Creek Arizona

Finally, we are having our first month away from the snow this year (mid Jan - mid Feb).

Any information on the Cave Creek area...restaurants, sight seeing...etc. would be appreciated.
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 06:19 AM

We loved Tonto Bar & Grill.
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM

I love in Cave Creek. Where will you be staying?

In Carefree, which is the town next door, I recommend the Sundial Cafe for breakfast or lunch. There's a restaurant in Carefree called Carefree Station which has very good food. There's also an excellent Italian restaurant called Trattoria Romana.

In Cave Creek, I second caseybrem's suggestion of Tonto Bar & Grill. The food's excellent and the view while sitting on the patio, is lovely. I also recommend Alberto, which is Italian. For coffee in Cave Creek, there's the Firesky Coffee Bar, which has a lovely courtyard to sit it and enjoy your drink.

If you like horseback riding, there's Spur Cross Stables. A friend and I enjoyed the sunset ride. You can also take a jeep tour.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM

I meant to say, I LIVE in Cave Creek.
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM

Love Cave Creek!
We like to dine at Binkley's and Cafe Bink..for cowboy fun, we like Harold's Corral for cheap beer and a good burger.
We usually stay at the Boulders and play some golf..food is good at the resort.
This is a lovely town and what towns should represent in AZ..
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM

Binkleys gets rave reviews but their type of food doesn't appeal to me. The food is good at Cafe Bink but very expensive for what you get. We went once and had no desire to go again.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:12 AM

no offense OTC but Cafe Bink is right in line with any quality bistro in Cave Creek..Binkley's is considered one of the best restaurants in AZ and Cafe Bink is a bistro version of that with top notch produce.
It's been awhile dining at Tonto but from memory it was good Southwest cuisine.
They have a fab BLT for $12 with the best pomme frites!

www.cafebink.com
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM

No offense taken, ksucat. We went to Cafe Bink when it first opened. I had a sandwich; don't remember what my husband ordered but the portion was so small that I had to give him half of my sandwich or we would have had to go for a second lunch! The same thing was happening a table away from us. The wife was giving her husband half of her dish since his was so small. The food was good, but we felt the value wasn't there.

Actually, Binkley's is considered one of the top restaurants in the US, I believe. However, that doesn't mean I have to like their food. I know people who love it, and people who have gone there and been disapointed. Anyway, to each his or her own. I know that the "foodies" on chowhound rave about Binkleys and Cafe Bink.

We have lived in Cave Creek for over 14 years so we are familiar with restaurant prices in the area.

One thing I should mention, I do not recommend the Silver Spur in Cave Creek. When it was the Satisfied Frog, it was great for a burger and fries. It's no longer got the same owner, and has really gone downhill. Ditto for El Encanto in Cave Creek. We used to like going there for the ambiance (duck pond by the patio) but when it changed hands a couple of years ago, the food went downhill. It was never great food to begin with, but now it sucks.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:12 PM

OTC..you live in such a gorgeous place!
We'll be back in March..can't wait!
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM

I love living here, ksucat.
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM

madobr - if you are in Cave Creek now, you're not having much of an escape from bad weather! (We've had heavy rain, 65 mph winds, and we had no power for 14 hours the other day).