Search

Carmel Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 06:02 PM
don

Carmel Lodging

Does anyone know anything about the Best Western Carmel Bay View Inn? I'm looking for something in the area that has a balcony with an oceanview. Any other suggestions?

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 04:45 PM
joanie

I stayed last spring at the Highlands Inn which is located a bit south of Carmel and really loved it. Really great views of the Big Sur coast. It may be a bit more costly though.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:23 AM
topper

ttt.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:36 AM
David

Don,

We have stayed there twice and love it. The Carmel Bay view Inn Offers spectacular views of Point Lobos and the coast--all from downtown. They have a wonderful continental breakfast and while people will try to tell you that no Inn has views of the coast from in town don't believe them! This place has a fourth and fifth floor set up on a hill in the back of town with wonderful balconies, large rooms, fireplaces and and the MOST COMFORTABLE HUGE BED WE HAVE EVER SLEPT IN!!!

Great proximity to shops and restaurants, too.

Hope this helps,

Davidcs

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Michelle

Just returned from there, stayed at The Pine Inn, included breakfast. In the heart of the shopping district (we never ended up shopping, but cute and quaint) and was surprized at how luxurious and the attention to detail this place gave. Inexpensive, too!