car rental at airport

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 12:49 PM
karrie

car rental at airport

Hi, Does anyone know which car rental agencies are at Mccarren airport? We are arriving very late and prefer to rent at the airport rather than an off site location. Thanks
Karrie

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 01:22 PM
tjc

Whichever agency you use, be sure to clarify that you'll arrive late.Question whether or not they'll stay open until the Last airplane arrives. Get the name of the person giving you these answers. Medium size agency promised to wait for our late arrival (even when I called twice to state that we were weather delayed).
You guessed it - No One was at the counter when we arrived.Try finding a rental car with seven seatbelts at 1 AM !
On a bright note - should a glitch arise - a taxi ride will get you out to the strip in about 10 minutes!

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 01:28 PM
tjc

To further answer your question - I think I remember seeing at McCarran: Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, Alamo, Dollar and National.
I believe they are all a mini bus ride from the luggage carousel to car pickup areas.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Yo

Which agencies? All the big ones are there.

Like tjc mentioned, the strip is not far. You could just go straight to a taxi (or hotel shuttle?) and head to your hotel on the strip. Back to the airport the next day, or whenever, to get the car.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 01:39 PM
r-travels

I use this website for information about most US airports:
http://www.quickaid.com/

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Anthony

Given the size of the airport, and how the roads are laid out, it really does not matter where you rent your car from. We rented from Thrifty, who is located at the airport, just last week. You still have to take a shuttle, and it still takes about 10 mins shuttle ride to where the cars are. The Hertz cars were in the same area; so you really don't save much time by renting from a co that 'says' they are at the airport.