Search

Captiva - 1 nt stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captiva - 1 nt stay

Would appreciate any recommendations for a place to stay for one night in Captiva. We're staying at Pointe Santo in Sanibel for 1 week but we're arriving one day before our rental starts. Based on my research so far, it seems daily lodging is more limited on Captiva. If that's the case, any Sanibel recommendations? Someone on this forum suggested West End Paradise. Prefer under $200/nt. There's 4 of us - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 4 and 2). Thanks.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:37 PM

I'm pretty sure the Blue Dolphin Inn allows one night stays. So does Casa Ybel, and Holiday Inn. These are all on Sanibel. I like the Blue Dolphin b/c it's on a very quiet section of the island, down on West Gulf Drive, and the beach is much quieter as well. It is gulf front. A google search should pull it up.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:44 PM

I checked and the Blue Dolphin does have places for under $200/night (at least during March which is high season). Their web site is http://www.ivacation.com/vh/unit-vr-1089.htm I have no connection to them except I tried to stay there on my last visit to Sanibel but they were full, and I admired it when I walked by on the beach (we ended up staying at Forty-Fifteen which is also on West Gulf, and I highly recommend it, but they do weekly rentals only). The Blue Dolphin isn't fancy but looked cute and again, right on the gulf in a quiet spot.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:45 PM

Tween Waters?
South Seas always had some accomodations available for one night stay, but they are far from re-opening after the hurricane.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:48 PM

I stayed for one-night only at Tween Waters Inn last year in March. And I booked on my way driving from Naples to Tampa that very day. But I advise you to book ahead, if they do indeed have reservations.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I called Tween Waters and the only availability for one night was a poolside motel room. Are the rooms fairly updated and modern? I read somewhere that the cottages were recently renovated but couldn't find any comments on the motel rooms.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 05:58 PM
bamakelly

We've stayed in the waterview motel rooms there before and they were fine. I don't think I'd call ANYthing on Captiva or Sanibel "updated and modern" other than the homes. It's all more like a jungle hotel. Very quaint, lovely, charming, lots of character. Not updated and modern, though.

The Tween Waters website is a very accurate protrayal of the place. I love it there.

Old Feb 18th, 2005, 03:14 AM

In Sanibel Best Western is fine for one night. It is located right on the beach.