Cape Cod trip - HELP?

Old May 30th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Cod trip - HELP?

We will have 3 days in mid to end of August while we are visiting Boston and are thinking about driving to Cape Cod for it. Any suggestions on where to stay on the island, hotels/B&Bs/resorts, and food would be much appreciated. We are looking for a few days of R&R!! Thanks.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM

What's your budget and will you be coming mid-week or weekend (it makes a difference).
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Budget is no more than $200 per night and we will be there Sun - Wed (3 nights). Thanks.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM

That's great, most places lower rates considerably from Sun-Thursday, so you should be able to stay someplace nice for that price.

I suggest one of the inns in Chatham, maybe Chatham Wayside, then there's another nice inn in Brewtser.

Check out the destinations section right here on Fodors, lots of very nice inns on the Cape but IMO, I'd stay in Chatham, Wellfleet, Eastham or Brewster.

This place is in the most awesome location, right next to the very expensive Chathams Bars Inn, it's a fraction of the price with the same views. It's a really great spot, I've seen the outside (looks lovely), but not the inside.

http://www.thehawthorne.com/

There are loads of inns, when you get some ideas come back with them.
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:05 PM

Try the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on Fort Hill in the National Seashore. Eastham is convenitently located between Cahtham and Provincetown so it 's a great place to stay. I think the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast has a suite for $225 but you won't have to pay anything additional like a tax or tip. And they serve a great breakfast. You can find them at www.forthillbedandbreakfast.com
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:16 PM

Did you take a look at the Entertainment book for Mass? Its only $12 right now and has some reasonable cape restaurants, including Pi something or other in Falmouth, which is probably one of the best restaurants in Falmouth.