Cape Cod Hotel Reviews

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Cod Hotel Reviews

Has anyone stayed at the following B&B's and inns in Cape Cod? I'm looking to travel next week (short notice) and need some advice on places to stay during the week on the cheap (less than $120), near the Hyannis area. Specifically, here is the listed I was able to put together. Any insight would be greatly appreciated:

Best Value Inn
http://www.bestvalueinncapecod.com
$79 Sun-Thur

All Seasons
http://www.allseasons.com/Default2.htm
$115-145

American Holiday
http://www.americanaholiday.com/rates.htm
$89-99

Cape Point Hotel
http://www.capepointhotel.com/rates.htm
$99-129

Hyannis Harbor Hotel
http://www.hyannisholiday.com/rates.htm
$99-109

I read some of the reviews and --thankfully--ruled out "Cuddle & Bubbles".

Thanks for the feedback,

John
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 06:05 AM

Hi John.....

Of the list you give...I'd say Cape Point and Hyannis Harbor would be my choice. I live on the Cape and have never stayed in any of the one's you list but have friends who have stayed in the two I mentioned...one is located in Hyannis itself and the other a ways down Cape in Yarmouth! Where exactly do you need/want to be...is this for business or just fun!!!!! Most of the list you give are hotels not B&B's or Inns...so here is a site for a smaller version, great locale, that you might want to check:
http://www.centervillecorners.com/

There are also some great B&B's/Inns in the town of Sandwich!

p.s. ~ glad you ruled out the 'cuddles and bubbles' International Inn ;-)
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:56 AM

Hi,

I've stayed at the All Season Motor Inn several times and find it is always a pleasant stay. It's in South Yarmouth on Route 28 (which is known for lots of traffic) and it's about 10 mins. (depending on the traffic) to Hyannis. The beach is very convenient.

The All Seasons has an indoor pool and hot tub, and an outdoor pool. They have a little restaurant that serves breakfast, and it is opened for lunch during peak season. Across the street is a Hearth 'n Kettle restaurant (Thursdays they serve turkey dinner with the fixings - our favorite)...

They are one of the higher prices on your list, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

P.S. The Cape Point looks nice from the road - but we've never stayed there. We just keep going back to the All Seasons.

Enjoy.

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 10:54 AM

If I were you I would not stay in this area of the Cape. It is unbelievably crowded, the traffic is a nightmare,and the area is loaded with cheap motels and mini golf. It does not represent the real Cape Cod.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 03:27 PM

Raineday33, I know it has been a while since you posted but, if you are still out there, I'd like to know which towns you think represent the REAL Cape Cod. You stated that the above area did not,but you did not give any alternate suggestions. If you have any ideas, I'd love to read them. Thanks.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 05:35 PM

The best towns on the Cape are Chatham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown. Less crowded, more picturesque, great beaches and bike trails. Rt. 28 in Hyannis/ W. Yarmouth can be anywhere USA and is a total zoo.
Thumbs up for P-town for walking around, whale watches, biking and people watching. For a cheaper but older motel try the Outer Reach Resort in North Truro www.provincetowninn.com go to the Outer reach link at the bottom of the page. at one time they allowed you to use the Provincetown Inn facilities (don't know if they still do) which was great for free parking.
The Outer Reach doesn't look like much but the views can't be beat and the pool was refreshing.The drive to P-Town is 3 minutes, you can even bike it.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:47 PM

Happy: I just wanted to give you a second opinion on the mid-cape area of Hyannis-Yarmouth-Dennis.

I agree with Raine33's description of the outer cape's towns as more picturesque with great beaches and the real Cape Cod.

I do disagree totally with the Rainman's calling the Route 28 Hyannis/W Yarmouth area "Anywhere USA" and a zoo.

Cape Cod plays host to over 6 million visitors a year and the majority of them stay in the mid-cape area which provides them with the most accomodation and dining choices at reasonable rates. For families with children, it is an ideal area with an assortment of beaches, attractions and things to do. It also is a central area affording easy access to explore the rest of the Cape.

I'm afraid that the Rainman is an elitist that thinks all Cape visitors can afford to stay at the Chatham Bars Inn and have no problem getting reservations!

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:48 PM

Hey Gene, if you like swarming crowds and stop and go traffic all the power to you. I am far from an elitist as you say. I spend plenty of time tent camping on the Cape. Chatham Bars Inn? Like hell. West Yarmouth/Hyannis along Rt 28 has no charm or character whatsoever. Give me space with out a bunch of screaming brats everywhere. Family area? You can have your majority of the 6 million people, Ill take peace and quiet anyday.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 08:19 PM

I'm a little busy right now installing a new PC, but e-mail me [email protected] and mention Cape Cod.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 11:19 PM

Thanks to everyone for your replies.This is the first time I will be visiting Cape Cod. My first choice would have been the town of Chatham, but it seems like the rates are a bit high in that area. I was hoping to keep per night rates to under $150 (maybe a little higher).

I found a good rate for a B&B in Sandwich, for $115 per night. The name of the B&B is the Isaiah Jones Homestead. I would love to get feedback regarding both the B&B and the town.

I really wanted to explore the Cape, and Sandwich does not seem like the best town for that since it is so far west. However, it is fairly close to Plymouth, which might be a nice place to visit.

Is there a ferry that goes from Sandwich (or someplace nearby) to Provincetown? Will I need a reservation for this ferry? And is the town of Sandwich charming, or very touristy and congested?

I truly would appreciate any feedback I can get. If you have any recommendations for other accommoations in this price range, on the Cape, I would welcome those as well. Also, if anyone has a website where I can obtain discount accommodations and/or up to date availability, I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks again!