Candlelight Wedding Chapel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning to get married in Las Vegas in August. I was thinking about getting Married at the Candlelight Chapel. Could anyone give me some info about this chapel? Is there serveice good? Are the Limo's clean?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 12:18 PM

fsconnor,
I don't know if you have made your plans yet, but if not, I would NOT reccommend the Candlelight Wedding Chapel!!
My husband and I got married there 10 years ago this July. The following are some of the unfavorable things that we encountered:
Told we would be picked up in a limo,
instead it was a Caddilac(and not a very nice one)!
Got to the chapel and found out the air conditioning was out(it was 110 degrees that day)!
Was told on the phone that the amount of money you give to the preacher was up to our own discrestion, but they gave us a average amount most people give(I don't remember the amount off hand but 40.00 or 50.00 seems about right) anyways we gave the amount suggested. The service is only 5 or 10 minutes long! Anyways, when my husband gave the preacher the money, he told my husband that more was usually given. We weren't that crazy about this guy to begin with, at this point we were sorry we gave him as much as we did!!!
They were supposed to give us a ride back to our hotel. But after waiting for close to an hour(I don't remember what there excuse was), we got fed up and decided to walk back to the Mirage. Although it was very hot that day, this was one of the better parts of the day. As we walked back in our wedding attire, all kinds of people were stopping to congratulate us and wish us well. Even the cars going by were honking there horns at us and wishing us well. It was a fun walk back that we wouldn't have experienced if we would have waited for them to drives us.
And our final problem was: Our package included pictures that they took of us at various spots around the chapel. They were to send them to us. A few days after we got home we received a letter telling us that none of the pictures turned out and enclosed with the letter was a couple of the blurred images of us. They did refund our money for the picture portion of the package, but unfortunatly we didn't have any pictures of our wedding day!(except for the few we took with our camara) but no professional ones!
Even with all the mishaps we managed to have a real nice day and made the best of the circumstances, but I would never reccommend The Candlelight Wedding Chapel to anyone.
Good Luck!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:20 PM
m367

Is it possible to go and personally make your wedding arrangements ahead of time to avoid some of the problems? As for the previous poster, everyone loves to see a bride walking around after a wedding. Such fun and everyone is happy. Of course, my personal favorite is an outdoor wedding at Lake Tahoe.

Old May 2nd, 2003, 03:28 PM

Look into Little Church of the West, very reputable.
Old May 10th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all very much! I am going to go with Little church of the West. I have heard nothing negative about the place!!!

Old May 10th, 2003, 11:08 AM

Little Church of the West is very charming and will make your day very memorable. I don't know if they offer any extras though (like limo service).