Notices

Cambria Lodging Help

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cambria Lodging Help

I know this question has been asked more than once on this site but I' m trying to decide between the Fogcatcher Inn or Moonstone Landing. I've heard lots of good reviews on the Fogcatcher but not much on the Moonstone Landing. They just opened in June so it's nice and new and we could get a partial ocean view but I haven't heard much about it. If anyone has stayed at either of these places I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM

We stayed at the Cypress Cove Inn in June. It is right next door and the sister property to the FogCatcher. I loved it.

We have previously stayed at the Fireside Inn and the Blue Whale Inn. This was my favorite and next time I want to try the FogCatcher. I just visited their website today actually and was yearning for a stay there.

Get an oceanview, king, fireplace room and you will be in heaven. There is a heated pool at the FC that you can use if you are a guest at the Cypress Cove Inn. Enjoy Cambria!! Do you need recommendations for restaurants and cool shops? Do you like to wine taste?

I'd be happy to advise on that if you are interested. ***kim***
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM

My husband and I stayed at the BW Fireside Inn last week. We went for the oceanfront king room with Jacuzzi tub and fireplace. The jacuzzi tub was not the greatest, but the room was big and clean and updated. Continental breakfast was included.

You didn't ask about restaurants, but we ate at the Sow's Ear (good, but not as good as we'd expected based on reviews on this board), and Robin's (really good...I'd highly recommend it!).

Really a great little town, interesting shops to browse in ... not the T-shirt and shot glass kind, really nice things. Galleries, wonderful glass pieces. I'd love to go back again!
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input but I still can't decide. Anyone else?
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:04 PM

What did you order at the Sow's Ear? The salmon in parchment paper and the chicken fried steak are the specialites here. Also, the fried brie app is excellent! I'm a huge fan of the Sow's Ear. We go for a lot of day trips and can only have one dinner and this is always my first choice.

We have also dined at Robin's, Moonstone Bar & Grill, Sergio's and The Sea Chest. I want to try The Black Cate and Bistro Sole also but will not give up my Sow's Ear dinner.

When we have the kids, they love Linn's chicken pot pies, directly across the street for the Sow's Ear. Didn't you love the way the bread is served? ***kim***