Search

California Gold Country - Albert, CA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 12:43 PM
eb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
California Gold Country - Albert, CA

Is anyone familiar with the Mountain Retreat Resort in Albert, CA? Would February be a good time to visit? Any suggestions re sightseeing, good restaurants, any info will be appreciated! eb from Texas
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:01 PM

I think you mean Arnold, California. My FIL and BIL both have timeshares at Mountain Retreat and get this....27 years ago I use to work for Mountain Retreat!!!

The condo's are nice. We always get to go up & use the timeshare when they have their weeks. There is an inside swimming pool, sauna and spa, pool table and they have activites at the resort. Nearby is Calaveras Big Trees State Park and a walk amoung the giant trees is awsome! Not far is Bear Valley and Mt. Reba if you like skiing and other snow activities.

We were there last March 1 and went snowmobiling for the very first time. We loved it so much we went back again by the end of the month to do a longer trip.

Here are some pictures from our trip.

http://www.utahtea.lithium.com/LakeAlpine.htm

http://www.utahtea.lithium.com/march_2003_snow.htm

Arnold, California has nice restaurants. There is a little Mexican Restaurant we like. I'd have to get the name from my BIL. There is a Round Table Pizza if you like pizza we think there's is the BEST.

Utahtea

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:10 PM

P. S. Here is the link to their website.

http://www.mtretreat.com/

Utahtea
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:36 PM

uathtea has given you great info. Just remember - Arnold is as far east as you can sometimes go on hwy 4 if there is a lot of snow. More often tho' the road doesn't close until just past Bear valley.

The area is very pretty and if you want to ski or sno mobile you will love it. Besides the few places in Arnold, there are a couple of places to eat in Bear Valley - but neither place is for gourmet - mostly for good hearty food.

If you go down the hill you can eat/visit places like Sonora, Murphys, Angels Camp, etc. All of these are small towns - villages really with a few places to eat.

And if you are there for a few days or a full week, you would be close enough for a day trip into Yosemite Valley.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM
eb
Original Poster

utahtea and janis, THANKS SO MUCH for the great info. I will definitely check out the photos and websites! I hate to hear about the few restaurants, but everything else sounds great! We're not big partygoers, but are there any restaurants/bars at any of the places you mentioned? Also, some friends (who are big skiers - we're not) may join us. Does Bear Valley have a lodge or any area where we can sit by the fire and enjoy the view while our friends ski? (We do like to snowmobile tho). Thanks again for all the great help and info. eb from Texas
(Oops, and yes, I did mean to say Arnold - not Albert.)