Calgon...Take Me Away

Search

Calgon...Take Me Away

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calgon...Take Me Away

Good evening! In an attempt to pretend like I dont have to take a huge exam next week Im imagining where Id like to be right now…

In the yellowish of the setting sun during the early evening, leisurely swinging on a hammock betwixt two towering trees, at a quiet sandy deserted beach, with a warm breeze lightly rustling both the palm leaves and my curls, while waves gently break in the foreground…

>sigh<

If you, too, are having a “Calgon…take me away” moment please share where youd like to be right now!

Also, be sure to check out my accompanying post entitled “Great Hammock Reading” to suggest some great books I can read while on my hammock! Hah!

Have a great night!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:27 PM
P_M

Oh boy, was this ever a Calgon kind of a day!!

We have made a deposit on the condo we will be renting in Kona, Hawaii, so that's where I want to be right now.

CALGON, TAKE ME TO KONA!!!!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Oh how lovely to happen upon this post. Since it's a US board, I will say take me away to a cool evening in St. Augustine along the beach staring at the stars. If it were on the European board, take me immediately to Mont St Michel or anywhere in France.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Calgon, take me away back to St. John where I'm floating on my raft at Gibney Beach with a cool drink in my hand and not a care in the world. quot;>
-Bill
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 04:55 PM

A Calgon moment would see me in the Veneto region of the Dolomites in the small but beautiful little town of Agordo. I only wish!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 05:19 PM

NatureGirl, I'm actually having "your" Calgon moment after an extra long day at work. Except I have my laptop with me and I'm in a patio chair rather than a hammock.

Come on down and join me if you wish.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Oooooooh, these are greeeaaat! Exactly the kind of places Id like to imagine myself right now!!!

P_M: Congratulations on securing your condo!

coldwar27: Stargazing! How wonderful!

iamq: Bill, I think we might be on the same raft-that sounds wonderful!

LoveItaly: Hmm, I need to some research so I know where to come find you! Sounds very relaxing!

Statia: Super! Can you be at the airport to pick me up tomorrow morning? Haha!!

You guys have really helped me de-stress (just like some folks on the forum did yesterday) and I thank you soo much for that!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 06:26 PM

Hmmm, since it is going to be 102 tomorrow in Portland Oregon, I think I will opt for the slightly cooler spot, away from beaches and sand and sun...hmmm, used to be foggy London, but nope , hot there too! Paris? hot! Hmmmm
Keeping this in the US..I guess I will go to Mt Dessert to visit friends who live there, in a big ole house overlooking the water with pups and cats and flowers all over the place .. my friend is an artist and a fabulous cook so I think we will be quite content in that Calgon moment
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:30 AM

Hope the bar exam went well.
My real Calgon day --I left work early yesterday and settled in to my pool on my new raft, which I found on sale at Target. I laid on the raft with a Readers Digest until the threat of a thunderstorm force me inside. I poured bath salts into my whirlpool tub and just rested my head for a few minutes. It was wonderful. Then I got up and folded clothes and cleaned up the kitchen.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:44 AM

ahh, counting the days until July 31st and 3 weeks in Hawaii, so Calgon moments are happening all the time...sitting on our balcony at Pali Ke Kua (booked one this time that faces Bali Hai) sipping some Maui wine and just enjoying the view.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:53 AM

On the deck of a beautiful home on Flathead Lake in Montana. The water is cool, the stars are out, my wine is chilled, and there aren't any mosquitoes.

Good luck on the bar exam! It sure brings back bad memories! I was 3 months pregnant when I took the exam in a hotel conference room next to the hotel restuarant that smelled like salmon. It was all I could do not to puke through the entire multi-state section. amp;
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 08:33 AM

Sitting on the deck outside at our lake lot in northern Wisconsin, watching the sunset. I've been going there my entire life, and for me, it's Nirvana.