Caesars Palace - any good?

Old Jul 17th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caesars Palace - any good?

I am going to Vegas next year for my first time (taking my boyfriend for his b-day). We don't need full-out luxury or anything, but I am just hoping for an overall good experience/value and a nice, not-too-crowded pool. The room itself is not that important. Is Caesar's Palace a nice hotel, I always thought of it as one of the main "Vegas-experience" hotels but no one seems to mention it much anymore.
Thanks for your input!
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 04:50 PM

Caesar's isn't mentioned much anymore because it's a little behind the times in vegas with its theme execution. That is, many of the hotels built in the last 10 years have gone over the top with themes which are attractions in themselves. Caesar's was cutting edge in this regard when it was built. And it still has some interesting theme elements in the Forum Shops and such, But it's a little more bland than the themes at Venetian, Paris, NYNY, Luxor etc.

That said, if pools are important and rooms aren't, Caesar's is still a good choice. Plus its location is very good for easy access to the other popular hotels.
Warning: pools at popular hotels in LV get very crowded during summer. And while Caesar's has a large pool complex, you still should expect crowds.

BTW, if room quality matters more than minimally, get one of the rooms in the new tower at CP. They're significantly better (but more expensive).
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 05:22 PM

RWilliams is right - Caesar's is in a great location on the strip, which is really important because you'll probably be walking from hotel to hotel and it is close to some of the more popular ones! Caesar's does have a great shopping area (expensive but interesting window shopping for most of us). The rooms in the new tower are quite nice.

Mandalay Bay, at the end of the strip near the airport, is worth a look - it is beautiful! You can take the shuttle bus for about $1 each/each way.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Bo

Given your brief description of what you're looking for, i'd pick Mirage over Caesars.

Caesars is very dark and somewhat dreary inside, while Mirage is very bright and welcoming. More importantly, being your first time in Vegas i think you'll be sightseeing outside of your hotel frequently, and Caesar's is set very far in from the actual sidewalk of the strip.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 10:33 PM

I have a very funny story about Caesars Palace. I was there a couple of years ago with a client company for a business convention, (they paid for the trip and the room), and the consulting I did for the company meant that meetings were also going to be scheduled in my room on a regional basis, ( I do Sales recruiting). When I checked into my room, it had a mirror on the ceiling, a bathtub in the center of the room and was decorated in sort of early roman house of ill repute. I called the front desk a bit frantic and was told that they didn't have any other rooms and they were sorry but the hotel was full and that was all that was available. So you can figure that all of the meetings got changed and anyone wanting to meet me anywhere near my room or my floor or pick me up in the am for breakfast or whatever I panicked, lol. Luckily I started to have a beter sense of humor about the situation, and of course all the guys wondered why I was acting funny, and would get off at different floors (and backtrack to my room). I look back on that trip now and laugh, it was me and about 75 guys. I don't stay at Caesars anymore for conventions, lol.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 02:21 AM

Caesars is a great place to stay along with Paris, Mandalay Bay, Bellagio, Venetian...the exceptional pools are MGM, Mandalay Bay, Flamingo...beings that it's hot right now the pools tend to be crowded...sorry.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 01:44 PM

I stayed at Caesar's 3 years ago, in the tower, and thought the rooms were great. The pool is excellent too, but I'm sure it will be crowded as most o the best hotels' are. I thought the location was perfect -- and I don't understand Bo's post about it being far from the street...geez -- they have a moving sidewalk if you're that lazy!

I've also stayed at the Venetian and felt that the overall experience at Caesars was almost as good.

Old Jul 19th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Intrepid

If you're willing to spring for a room in the newer tower at Caesars I think you'll like the experience more..otherwise you might consider the Venetian.

Old Jul 19th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Bo

wagsdvm,

Re: the moving sidewalk... i'm certainly not lazy, and when in Vegas have many times walked up the driveway instead of stood on the moving sidewalk, but the fact remains, it's far. I don't mind the <very slow> moving sidewalk ride in order to 'visit' Caesars, but it wouldn't be my hotel of choice if had to go thru that moving sidewalk everytime i wanted to leave the hotel.