Bye bye, Leslie, have fun - DON'T FORGET TO WRITE!! : D

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bella, Leslie Lou, have a fantabulous time in good ol' Kansas, eat lots o' steak, find all those wonderful little hideaways in Wichita and report back to us in that inimitable Leslie style!!!

I'm very, very happy for you! I'll e-mail you from Paris in a day or two. : 0 )
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 03:11 AM

Hear, hear! Range widely and see some of that "Dances with Wolves" American west (and watch out -- it's tornado season. Where's TOTO?!)
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 07:55 PM

Well, I'm happy to let all of you know that I had a wonderful time in Wichita. Besides the city being so clean, pretty and having charm, what stands out most in my mind is how friendly and courteous the people are.

And, I liked Wichita so much, that I've decided to relocate there next month.

Just like someone wrote in another thread about Kansas, the reason Dorothy returned from the land of Oz to Kansas is that "there is no place like home."
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 08:03 PM

Wow! It's a good thing you went and found that out! Congratulations and best of luck for a successful transition.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 08:28 PM

Leslie,
Are you serious? Was it just that you had such a wonderful time or were you checking it out for this reason?That is great!
I wish you lots of luck!
Scarlett~
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:07 AM

Scarlet, I really only went for a visit. And, I went to visit someone special, and he asked me to stay permanently, so I've decided to pack up all my stuff and move to Kansas to be with him. I've decided that I have to take a chance, and this one seems like a win-win situation. I really enjoyed being in Kansas, and Wichita is thriving.

So, Scarlet, we'll have to get together for lunch or dinner, or whatever you like. I'm in the midst of packing, I'll be in Wichita by the end of May.

Now, I still have to find a job? Any ideas, any connections? My background is in legal administration, but I'll be happy with a senior administrative assistant position in any field until I get settled. I'll even temp for awhile if necessary.

Scarlet, you were absolutely right. The friendliest people I have ever met live in Kansas.
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:09 PM

leslie--so glad you had a good time in Wichita! What did you do while you were here?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I don't want to discourage you from following your heart, but Wichita is actually struggling right now. The major industry is aircraft manufacturing and there have been massive layoffs this year. However, since you are not in that field, you might have more luck in finding a job. I'll have to give some thought as to what that might be. I'm a stay at home mom so my connections are limited. Email me and we can get better acquainted. It would be fun to meet for lunch or something once you get moved and get settled.

[email protected]
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:00 PM

Leslie, I don't believe your story.
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM

Leslie, I don't know if your story is true, but if it is --

DON'T relocate for a romantic relationship!!! You will regret it!!!
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:11 PM

"DON'T relocate for a romantic relationship!!! You will regret it!!! "

Not always .. I changed continents for that reason .. our 30th anniversary is this year ..
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:51 AM

Thanks to those of you that gave me your best wishes. My sister relocated across the pond for a romantic relationship, and she celebrated her 18th wedding anniversary this month. What I am doing isn't so far fetched, and I'm not going that far, and more importantly, I wasn't looking for opinions either.

I got to see Wichita, primarily, on the east side, and some of the surroundings. We went to the Old Town, and I'll need to get into the museum once it reopens, did a lot of walking in the communities, and just enjoyed ourselves. And, I got to know Dillons pretty well too. I basically experienced every day life.

I'll give you all a piece of advice. Life is too short not to take chances.

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:10 AM

Leslie,
Many years ago, I was on my way to Europe, stopped over in NYC and met my husband..we have been happily married for a long time, even though he is a Yankee!
I agree wholeheartedly, follow your heart, no one ever lay on their deathbed and wished that they had worked longer days or had missed a chance at love!
And those who worry, play it safe, never take chances...can live impossibly boring lives.
Good luck!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:35 AM

I just wanted to congratulate you, Leslie! You will LOVE living in Kansas--I did for 24 years and I can't wait to get back. Did you have a chance to explore the rest of Kansas while you were there for your trip? If not--enjoy doing that once you get back!

Good luck with the move and finding a job.