Reload this Page >

Busch Gardens/Hilton Clearwater Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Louie

Need some help here: Wife, 3yr. old son and myself are planning to go in August and thinking about staying @ the Hilton Clearwater Resort and visit B.G. How far is it from the hotel to the Busch Gardens? Need a car? Or does hotel provide transportation?Suggestions and expreiences are greatly appreciated.
What park would you recommend to go to first?
Weather??
Thanks!!!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:46 AM
George

Louie, I have gone to Clearwater every year for the past 10 - 15 years (I live in Orlando). We used to stay at the Hilton many years ago and the Hotel was fine with a good pool area. Just so you know, this hotel is not on the beach but on the inlet/river from the gulf to the intercoastal waterway. It is a good half mile/ mile to the gulf beaches. For this reason we started staying at the Adams Mark hotel on Clearwater beach, it has the best pool deck and the beach is literally out the front door of the hotel. As for Busch Gardens you will definitely need a car as it is about 20 miles/45 minutes from the hotel and you have to drive right through Tampa to get there. The hotel may have transportation to get there but you would have to check with the hotel. We love Clearwater beach/Busch Gardens, and are planning a trip in May for a week in Indian Shores Condo so if anyone has any info/advice on Indian Shores it would be appreciated. Louie, have a great trip and I would love to see a trip report.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Louie

George:
THANKS SO MUCH!!! I'm just wondering about that drive.. Do I need to come back and forth to complete my fun experience at B.G.? Well will also consider the Adams Mark hotel - is there a website? Thanks Again!!!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Tricia

Hey Louie,
The Adams Mark has a website:
www.adamsmark.com
I've never been there, but was also considering the place for my family.
If you go, post when you return. Thanks and have fun!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:23 AM
George

Louie, Glad to help. Yes there is a website for Adams Mark (www.adamsmark.com) and search for the Clearwater beach one. I'm not sure what you mean by come back and forth to BG but, I would plan to get there early and spend all day there. You cannot get back and forth between CB and BG quickly or easily. One full day at BG should be sufficient. There is also a water park called adventure island but have never been there since Orlando has so many, but it would probably take another day to do the water park.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:28 AM
George

Louie, One more thing, If you get to the Adams Mark web page and find the picture of the one in CB you will see a big bridge in the background. The Hilton is literally right next to this bridge. Hope this helps

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:56 AM
x

remember early am is rush hour traffic during the week...you wouldn`t want caught in that..you have to come into Tampa to go to BG across one of the causeways....only way to get to BG...maybe mid am and return after rush back to the beach...it isn`t worth going tothe beach if your not on it...watch those hotels that aren`t on it and try to trick you....

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Louie

THANKS EVERYONE!! So 1 whole day in Busch Gardens is ok? I also wanted to visit some water theme parks for my son. What cool places are there in Clearwater to visit? I mean who likes to drive for 45min every day (especially with a 3yr. old). Should I look for other things as well in Clearwater? Were staying for about 6 days?
Thanks Again - you guys are awesome!!
Love this website!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:11 AM
x

right ext door to Bg is Adventure Island....it`s great..maybe stay there overnight..get in Bg and AI..

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:55 AM
OliveOyl

I'm not sure which hotel George is referring to, but the Hilton Clearwater Resort is on the beach and nowhere near the bridge to Sand Key which he describes. In fact, it's on one of the prettier stretches of Clearwater Beach just up from Pier 60.

Also, the drive to Busch Gardens will take more than 45 minutes. It takes us 40 minutes just to get from CWB to the Tampa side of of the Courtney Campbell Cswy, and Busch Gardens is at least 25 minutes further to the north and east. The park can be done in a day, though it may be too long a day for a 3 yr old, so you should have no back and forth.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:20 AM
George

OliveOyl, Like I said it was several years since we stayed there, but we used to stay at a Hilton on Clearwater beach that was at the end of clearwater beach right at the base of the bridge to sand key. It was right across the street from Leverocks restaurant. What is that hotel now???

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:37 AM
OliveOyl

George, The Holiday Inn Sunspree Clearwater Beach opened as a Hilton way back, but it has been a Holiday Inn for a good 15 years now. Bad location, IMHO, right on the pass, not the Gulf!

The Hilton Louie is talking about is just north of the roundabout where 60 meets the beach. It's one of the prettiest stretches of beach in CWB.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Louie

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!! Will try to repost my experience..

Thanks Again....