Busch Gardens 4-D Lighthouse Ride - disappointed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to attend the preview of the 4-D Lighthouse Ride at Busch Gardens, Tampa this past weekend.
Sorry to say I was very disappointed ...though, if you have kids from 4 - 10 years old, they will probably enjoy it.
Guess I was expecting it to be a bit more scary and more interactive.
It kind of reminded me of "It's a Bug's Life" at Disney's Animal Kingdom with the "special effects".
I won't go into it too much to spoil it for others, but I was not impressed. I'm sure others might think differently - especially since I am more of a coaster person and would rather ride a ride then watch it as a movie.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:10 AM
OliveOyl

While we are at it....my husband and I run on the service road for Courtney Campbell Cswy between Tampa and Clearwater weekends. Driving out Memorial Weekend, and nearing the spot we start our run, we see this STRUCTURE, in Tampa Bay about 20-30 yds offshore. It looks like a lighthouse, but we've just run there the previous weekend and there was no lighthouse. Sure enough...it was a 40 ft tall "blow up" lighthouse, the sort that needs a giant fan blowing into the bottom to keep it upright. It's sitting on a barge that has been towed in, a generator operating the fan, and is advertising Busch Gardens Haunted Lighthouse.

The ONE pretty thing we have left in Florida is our water. The land has been stripmalled and billboarded to death and for the most part is just plain ugly. For Busch, makers of the lovely ads of Clydesdales trotting down pristine snow covered lanes, clean clear Colorado air, gurgling streams, and who partners with Sea World in the Conservation Fund, to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to what they purport to support and erect some form of advertising on our waterways, the one remaining unspoiled piece of this state, is infuriating. What next? If they can get away with this will any corporation who sees fit begin floating billboards off every bridge and stretch of shoreline across the US?

So, let's just not bother with the Haunted Lighthouse ride, and better still, let's not bother with Busch Gardens, period, and let them know why!

http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgar...ontact_us.aspx That website gives contact information, both email and phone. I cannot even begin to imagine where their heads were when they made this decision!

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM

dwenviro

Would you please e-mail me about what you found disappointing about the movie? I'm going to Sea World in San Diego this fall and I don't want to waste my time if the movie is bad. I don't mind being spoiled.

My e-mail is [email protected]
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 02:26 PM

I agree with OliveOyl... my young family and I just returned from Busch Gardens this weekend from what will be our last trip to the theme park that previously was our family favorite. I have never experienced as much rudeness and careless attitude from the empolyees as we did at Busch Gardens. It appeares that Busch Gardens takes anyone that they can hire as even my kids commented about how the workers treated everyone. Sometimes it was not rudeness as much as it was the poor attitude, lack of manners and the like. I can only presume that they know that once you are in the door they have the big dollar admission and who cares from that point. I was very disappointed and very displeased with our last experience at Busch Gardens. I encourage you to consider one of the many other theme parks, natural wonders and entertainment choices as to Busch Gardens Tampa.
We do care and we will vote with our dollars.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 06:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Busch Gardens Tampa just brought in a new general manager. Maybe he will change things.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:40 PM
dln

Cheapseater, I am right there with you! Years ago we took our children to Busch Gardens and after Disney, it just seemed, well, shabby. The place didn't have a sense of being well cared for. I was disapointed but never said anything because I thought it was just me.

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 02:08 PM

I hope that the new manager is reading. Regardless, it is too late for my family to spend that kind of money again, at least not happen in Busch Gardens.