Reload this Page >

Burlington, Vermont - Great restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Tony

Would appreciate recommendations for the best restaurant in Burlington, VT. Having a dinner for about 20 people. Would like to find something very nice.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Vi

I recently had a great meal at NCI Commons, the culinary school restaurant. Also a great Saturday brunch meal at SmokeJack's.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 04:33 PM
xx

Leunig's on Church Street is also very good. I 2nd the NECI Commons recomendation-have only had lunch there but it's always been great.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 09:49 AM

ttt

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Loggie

Tony

I ate at the NECI ( New England Culinary Institute ) in Burlington and it was excellent. I also ate at the NECI restaurant just outside of Burlington in Essex Junction at the Inn at Essex, called Butler's restaurant. This was magnificent. It is run by the NECI and the students make up the wait staff plus run the kitchen. I had a salmon dish that was incredible.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:11 PM
A

The New England Culinary Institute can do a tables for 20 probably in the back of the restaurant (this is the one on Church St) The Waiting Room is the hottest new place in town but I don't know how they are set up to serve that many.
We have lunches for a group of women once a month at Smokejacks and it's excellent. Three Tomatoes (on the Marketplace) is a casual Italian restaurant. Very good food but maybe a bit loud.
A Single Pebble, recently opened, is a Chinese that has gotten rave reviews. One must have reservations a few weeks in advance (unusual even for very good restaurants in Burlington).
Unusual and new--Souza's is a Brazilian restaurant downtown. It's on the small side and doesn't have a menu. $29 for everything. They bring grilled meats and vegetables to your table on giant skewers. You have lots of choices here.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 04:56 PM
topper

topping for more suggestions

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Donna

We always stopped at Leunig's on our way to and from Montreal. It's changed hands and no longer worthwhile. I doubt they have space for a party of 20 anyway. I would recommend phoning Isabel's or Mona's. Both have excellent food, service, and LOCATIONS (water views), especially Mona's. Nowadays, many places will not accept a reservation for a party of 20 and permit you to order off the menu with separate checks. Rather, they sometimes require a fixed menu (with a few choices), and that one person be responsible for the entire tab with a credit card number.