Buffalo With Kid on a Rainy Day?

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffalo With Kid on a Rainy Day?

Heading back to Buffalo for a reunion this weekend, and the weather does not look promising.

Any suggestions for occupying an almost 3 year old?
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 09:02 AM

I don't know that the weather forecast calls for rain all weekend, but I suggest that you consult the GUSTO section of Friday's Buffalo News for ideas. If it's not raining you could try the Buffalo Zoo, Fantasy Island or Six Flags Darien Lake amusement parks, or any of the many parks and playgrounds in the area. Where will you be staying? I don't know of much indoor entertainment for toddlers. The Boulevard Mall has a merry go round. I'm not sure what kid's movies are out right now (Up?) but there are also plenty of movie theaters in the area.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM

The Zoo has indoor exhibits also so it would work in the rain. There is a small aquarium in Niagara Falls, USA, Perfect for younger children. Rolly Pollies-indoor play facilities for kids (several locations), Chuck Y cheese (games, tokens, pizza, etc); indoor miniature golf at the golf dome in Town of Tonawanda (possibly called the Paddock Dome); Hershell Carrousel Musuem in North Tonawanda (mfr of some of the beautiful old carrousels).
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM

three year olds dont need much... we have cardboard boxes here... throw some cheerios in there and he'll be fine for hours...
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your replies, KathyK and Rachel! The weather looks a bit better now and might not be a total washout. But you've provided us with some wonderful alternatives.

We are staying at the Hotel Indigo.

Gary, LOL!

Thanks all!