Search

Brooklyn Bridge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 02:20 PM
xxx

Brooklyn Bridge

We are planning to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and have Sunday brunch at the River Cafe on Dec. 8. Our reservations are at noon. We were planning to get on the bridge by going to the City Hall area. How long will it take to walk over? Is the restaurant good?

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 02:29 PM
xxx

The bridge is a mile across. It's a beautiful view but dress warm.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 06:24 PM
suzanne

City Hall-River Cafe will be about a 30-minute walk. Take the stairway down to the left after crossing the bridge...don't go all the way to the end of the bridge walkway.

The restaurant is supposed to be one of NY's best. I know the views are excellent because Iive in the neighborhood...just haven't eaten there yet!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Donna

Most folks walk across the Brooklyn Bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan for the views. If it's at all cold or windy, it can seem a very, very long walk. And, if you're not used to all those exhaust fumes, you may not find it as pleasurable as you anticipate.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Fern

Hello. Would you recommend taking a subway from Midtown to Brooklyn and then walking back to Manhattan?
Which train? Once I get back into Manhattan, how far a walk back to Midtown?
Thanks.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:33 AM
suzanne

Where in midtown? You can take the A/C train from midtown (west side) to the Brooklyn Bridge Stop, then walk down the hill & to the left to get to the River Cafe.

If you wanted to walk back to Midtown, that's quite a long walk - 5 or 6 miles.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:39 AM
junebug

Just want to mention the Brooklyn Bridge stop on the A or C train is called High Street, it's the first stop in Brooklyn. It also depends on how briskly you walk, if you're a stroller allow more than 30 minutes. The other responses are right on, if it's windy it will be very BRRRRRR. Have fun, the Brooklyn Bridge is still a marvel and a great walk.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:33 PM
fern

We're staying at the Belvedere. I think on 48th.
5-6 miles is a long walk back. Which train to take back? How will I know?