Breckenridge in Sept- need condo help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are going to Breckenridge in early Sept(6th thru the 13th). Our plans include lots of hiking, a bike trip or two, sightseeing, etc. We are looking for a condo that is in town and within walking distance to food & drinks in the evenings. Nothing fancy, but must be nice/clean/updated. Not looking for the “action” part of town. I've been checking various sites, but there are just too many to choose from. We need a 1 bedroom/1 bath. 2 baths would be a bonus.

What part of town (historic, north, etc) would best meet our needs? Can anyone recommend a specific condo complex?

Thanks
Tom
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:33 AM

That is a tough request. The downtown area is surrounded with condos so there are dozens that met your criteria and dozens more if your walking distance extends to a half a mile or little more. Plus Breckenridge has an intown bus system. The Tannahouse (Sp ?) is right in the center but all are one bath.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 08:35 AM

There is a condo complex in Breck called the Longbranch. It is 2 blocks from Main Street, has underground (under the complex) parking, hot tub, laundry facilities, and an elevator. It is older, but the unit we stayed in was very clean and spacious. Also very convenient to downtown.More upscale units can be found in Beaver Run which is in the heart of downtown. Have a great time in Breck!
Check out vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner) and see if u can rent directly from owners. You will probably get a better deal.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
nlg

When we were in Breckenridge we stayed at the Valdoro Condos-they were very nice and within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
The altitude bothered me for several days, but after that I was fine.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Condodirect.com has a place called Grand Timber Lodge. They are showing a two bed condo for $684 for the whole week.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM

We stayed at the Mountain Thunder Lodge at the end of June. We rented on VRBO.com and had a terrific experience. The condo had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, was very nicely furnished and the kitchen was well equiped. The dish soap, cascade, laundry soap, and bounce was furnished along with microwave popcorn and coffee. We had underground parking which was nice. This property is in direct access to everything including downtown and buses. There was a great grocery store just a few blocks away (City Market). I can't wait to go back next year. I have included the link to this property below. Please post if I can answer any other questions.

http://www.vrbo.com/80369
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM

Grand Timber Lodge is a timeshare that they have marketing for a couple of years with low rates. I will bet you have to sit through a sales presentation. Timber Lodge is not near the downtown and I don't think of it as been walkable but it could be on the bus route.

Nor do I think of Beaver Run as being in the heart of Breckenridge. It is a great facility located on Peak 9 above the base. It is walkable to town but it is all up hill going back. I guessing it is a half mile, maybe a bit more, to the south end of Breck. It is on the bus route.
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 07:55 AM

You may also want to access great western lodging. They offer great pictures and locations of the condos. Our second choice was to stay at the Park Ave. Lofts. They were actually in a little bit better location than Mt. Thunder but we went with the latter because it was less expensive. I've included their link.

www.gwlodging.com