Reload this Page >

Boutique Hotel in NY

Search

Boutique Hotel in NY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:03 AM
bob

Boutique Hotel in NY

Can someone recommend a nice, smaller hotel, decent sized rooms, safe location ? Open to pretty much any area of town as we are very mobile.

Doesn't have to be super fancy, but not barebones, Maybe up to $250 / night ?

thx. BL

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
tweedy

Bob,

You might look into the Soho Grand, which is nicely located in the East Village, close to LIttle Italy and Chinatown, and not far from the Wall ST area.

Lots of good restaurants in the immediate area and the hotel is very nice, on the smaller side but nicely done.

Hope this helps. Have a great time.

tweedy

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:27 PM
Sue & Ray

Park South looks very good from all the reviews I can find on the web. I've put a post asking for info from people who've tried it but had no response yet. They were very helpful on the phone when I called, so I'm about to book with them in the absence of other advice. Might see you there!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:31 PM
Merilee

The Gorham on West 55th is wonderful and it's ideally located...you can get an internet price and it's possible your range can get you a suite.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:28 PM
rqf

If there is no objection to being a 100 feet from TImes Square consider the Casablanca.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:33 PM
m

try The Muse. it's a new boutique hotel. i stayed there in the spring and it was wonderful. their rates weren't too bad, though i don't remember what we paid. i think that luxury link is offering a package with a dinner at a popular restaurant. check it out.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:41 PM
sue

2 years ago I wanted to go to NYC the first weekend in December with my family and ran into a problem finding a room available. I went to hoteldiscounters.com and booked a room at the Carnegie suites hotel which was a boutique they were selling pretty hard at the time. It was very nice. 2 queen size beds, a large bathroom and a full kitchen. The hotel is located around 57th St a block from Columbus circle - a block from Central Park on a quite block. Although there is a fire house on the block, but it never seemed to bother us. The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. The price split 4 ways wasn't too bad for a very expensive time of the year in New York.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:14 PM
jon

For $250, you'll do fine. I'd look for a W hotel.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:59 PM
terri

We also just returned from staying at The Muse. It is a very, very nice hotel about a block off Times Square. We truly enjoyed its convenience and luxury. They have been running some specials on their website and expedia or travelocity. I would recommend it highly.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:11 PM
Jen

I just stayed across the street from the Muse, at the Comfort Inn Midtown, for $89 a night including breakfast and a comfortable recently-renovated room. Don't think that you're paying for location!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:46 PM
mare

The Belvedere or the Portland Square Hotel