Search

Boulders

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 08:32 AM
Chris

Boulders

Staying at the Loews Ventana in August?
Is it worth leaving a day early heading back to Phoenix to stay a night or two at the Boulders?
The summer rates seem too good to pass up

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:43 AM
texasgirl

The boulders is a lovely resort, great setting; they also just opened a golden door spa that offers some great classes and treatments. i don't golf, so i can't comment on the courses there, but seemed like a lot of guests were there for that.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:46 AM
Jeff

About a 2+hour drive from Tucson. Unique layout and scenery at the Boulders.
I haven't been there since Wyndham bought the place, but I fear that Wyndham will treat the place like a Holiday Inn.
But you are correct, the summer rates are lower than I've ever seen them. I'm curious why......

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:19 AM
f

I have stayed at both and enjoyed the Boulders more, although both were great.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:12 AM
Barb

Hello Chris, stayed at the Boulders last month. Amazing! Would go back in a heartbeat. The boulders is a 5 star resort with fine dining, ranked one of the best spas in the world, and great golf. The only average thing about it was the "main pool". The pool at the spa made up for it. A very zen like atmosphere.! Highly suggest a visit.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
golfer

Having been twice before to the wonderful Boulders, I too was worried about what becoming part of a chain would do.

Not to worry - nothing has changed. It is still incredibly elegant and relaxed, with no evidence of a corporate influence. You're right - the summer rate is irresistible. Just stay indoors during the afternoon and have a wonderful time.