Boston weekend with a teen

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston weekend with a teen

My 16 year old and I are heading to Boston this weekend - Saturday night is spent watching the BoSox at Fenway - any other ideas for the rest of the weekend? Fun restaurants, must see attractions?
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:39 AM

Don't miss the amphibious tour of Boston:

www.bostonducktours.com
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

I've heard about those, we'll give it a go - thanks for the suggestion.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:21 AM

If you're going to do a Duck Tour, try to get your ticket in advance.

Don't miss the Aqarium either!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:29 AM

A 16 y.o is not going to be interested in the Aquarium. Anyway it's pretty dated and usually way overcrowded.
I would suggest a nice Boston Harbor Cruise www.bostonharborcruises.com.
If you are interested in History they have a historic tour of the harbor.Or the Georges Island cruise brings you out to an old fort you can explore. The cruises are beautiful and cheap and definately worth the money.
Across the street from the Harbor is the Quincy Market/Fanuiel Hall shopping and eating extravaganza. If you've never been it is worth a look.
I would consider Blue Man Group. It's a great show for most ages. My son (16) just saw it again with a friend and loved it. Half price day of show tickets can be bought at the Bostix kiosk at Quincy market or Copley square.
My son liked parts of the Freedom Trail especially the cemetary next to the Common and the Constitution war ship.
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 08:43 AM

Hope I'm not too late in responding, You are probably leaving today but here's my two cents.

While you are here why not check out some of the local colleges. Your offspring may be applying to college next year and this will give you a chance to get going on the process. Fenway Park is surrounded by Boston University, Simmons College, Emmanual College and Northeastern University Harvard and MIT are just across the river in Cambridge. Boston College is a ride down the Green Line. All are interesting campuses.

Eat at Fire and Ice, an interesting restaurant where you create your own meals. Check out Newbury St and Boylston St for shopping. There's a sports museum at the Fleet Center that has interesting displays on the Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox etc.

Enjoy the game - Fenway is a treasure.