Boston review

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston review

Just got back from Boston. Had a wonderful trip.
Stayed at the Colonnade and was satisfied. The employees were very very nice. I was wooried because I read some negative reviews but we didn't encounter any rudeness. The room was fine but the bathroom was small and the view was not good. Would have been disappointing if I paid full price (paid $110 on Priceline)The location was excellent.And the is a Shaws grocery store right down the road.

Restaurants-Abe and Louie's -very good but pricey and you need reservations on Sturdays. We paid $117 for 2 people, not including tip. Also went to legal seafood. Had a good experience there also. The chef came out to our table and was helping me select something(I am allergic to onions)Grat food there too. Ate at Cheers- not very good. Found a diner called Au bon pain (a chain) at Harvard square and had the best sandwhich there that I have ever had! and for $6.99!

Stood in line at Bostix and got 1/2 price tickets to Miss Saigon (which was excellent) and Blue Man (which even at half price was awful and a waste of time)

Went to the Museum of Scienc (I liked it, my husband did not-a lot of the exhibits were out of order) and the Aquarium which is very nice.

The subway system is outstanding-I can't say enough about it! Clean convienient and we never waited for a train for over a few minutes. Even when the one stop was closed for construction, the had a shullte buses right there to take us where we needed to go.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Pepper glad you had a good time and I tend to agree with all you said. Not a stak fan so never ate at abe and Louie's but I do go to all the Legal seafoods, because I like my fish fresh(they have there own in house microbiologist and fishing boat() not covered with toppings. Cheers was my old local until the show, now it's a tourist trap. Museum of science , yo got my complaint exactly!
Saying all that. I love my Boston, come back!
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:51 PM

It's a long story and Fabian had something to do with it, but we as Bostonians found ourselves on a cruise ship at the Black Falcon Pier..30 minutes from our home.. We sent new friends we met to see Boston and see Boston on foot they did.. from Quincy Market to the Hard Rock Cafe to Cheers and I was flabbergasted to hear how clean and graffite free they thought Boston was and one couple was from NY. It was truly exciting to hear that two of the couples are planning on coming back. Guess we just don't know how great a city we have....especially with the Red Sox on a roll...
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:55 PM

cigalechanta - do you really go back to the old Bull and Finch days? My college roommate in the late 60s was a Brit and we (well, he, really) used to hold the dart board and drink for free all night. Great times, those.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 06:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
flyfish, when they first opened, they tried the old English formula, Shepards pie and maids behind the bar, but it was short lived, it became our juicing bar...lol