Search

BOSTON WEATHER

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:51 PM
nancy wesson

BOSTON WEATHER

My husband and I want to take a trip to Boston. We can go most anytime. We like temperatures in the 70's. When would be the best time to come?

Nancy

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 06:03 PM
mark

Early to mid September

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Donna

September is wonderful time to visit, but rates for accomodations are at their very highest (though you can usually snare a bargain on Hotwire or Priceline). Mid-May to Mid-June would also be ideal, when the bulbs, flowers, and flowering trees are springing into bloom all over. Be advised, though, that mid-70's are not typical. And, a week straight of mid-70's is rare.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Marie

I would agree with the months mentioned above. Also that that the weather is so unpredictable that you can't really count on mid70's any time of the year. And, it varies enormously from one year to the next. Could be freezing (literally) in late May or Mid-September, or in the 80's or even 90's. You just never can tell. Note also that because of the seacoast location and the ocean breezes, you might find it uncomfortably cool in the mid-70's.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 03:26 AM
Suzy

Just a confirmation of what others have said about the variability in the temperatures. Yesterday we had a high in the 70s, but the day before, it hit 97 even though sometimes we go all summer wtihout ever hitting 90.

Even in the spring and fall, when the AVERAGE temps are in the 70s, you could easily run into temps that are 15 degrees hotter or colder than that.

I guess the bottom line is that Boston just isn't a good destination for anyone who's looking for specific temperatures!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Ann

Nancy, there's an old saying in Boston pertaining to the weather...if you don't like the weather, wait a minute!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Suzy

ttt for Nancy

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 01:07 PM
cleo

The beauty of New England is its' unpredicitability. Gosh --- it was a few years ago that I went on a short hop to visit family and SURPRISE, got stuck in Boston an extra day due to a blizzard on April-1st. I could suggest that you'll likely see temps in 70's if you go during latter part of June or in September .... yet as others have said, ain't no guarantees. I also recall an incident of snow in May (many years ago in my college days). I think Boston's a great place to visit ANY time of the year (well, maybe not during that awful heat wave with temps in the 90's earlier this month ...).