boston trip

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:03 AM
roy

boston trip

I will be in boston in august for a red sox game. Can anyone give me some good places to go before the game.Also any comments on the hilton backbay.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:16 AM
gc

Day game? Night game?
Weekday? Weekend?

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:29 AM
roy

night game during the week

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Parrot Mom

The Hilton is in a good location..near Boylston Street, Newbury Street, Copley Square and not far from Fenway. Lots of places to eat in that area.. We were at Fenway Monday night for the tribute to Ted Williams and parked on a street leading to Fenway in front of BB Wolff's.. which after having a drink there and checking the menu out looks like a great spot for an before or after game snack. Everybody has favorite restaurants in Boston from the ultra expensive to the snack places...I doubt you'llfind a bad place. Just look for all their suggestions.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Wendy

We went to Fenway almost 2 hours before the game to have a few beers at Boston Beer Work which is across the street on Brookline. The line was literally 2 blocks long! No thanks!

We continued to walk down Brookline and found a bar down on one of the corner streets. Can't rememeber the name, nothing fancy. I was actually surprised that there arn't more neigborhood bars for before and after the game.

We hit BBW after the game and the crowd was much thinner.

Have fun! Fenway is an amazing place to watch a game.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:17 PM
mark

Well there's no shortage of bars. Here are 3:

For good beers and crowds the Boston Beer Works is the place.

For bad beer, crowds and fun atmosphere then Cask & Flag is you place. Right at corner on way to the park

For decent beers, less crowds but zero atmosphere then its Copperfields (across street from Boston Beerworks)This place is my preference especially on weekends or if Pedro is pitching. Other places are too crowded.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 02:46 PM
ralphie

Mark has it right on. Boston Beer Works is the place. While the brewpub fad is fizzling out in the Boston area ( a couple of them have shut down recently) BBW is expanding, having recently opened their second location near the Fleet Center.

Problem is, like others have said most places in the area are crowded as hell on game days. Get there early, or go after the game while you wait out the crowds leaving the area.