Sports bar in Boston near BU?

Old Oct 7th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sports bar in Boston near BU?

My daughter and husband wanted to see a hockey or baseball game together, but it looks like that won't be happening. The hockey team will be away next weekend, and I guess the Red Sox may or may not be playing by then.

Go Red Sox!! I hate the Yankees!! (That was the first thing I learned as a BU parent)

Can anyone recommend a fun place to watch games on TV near BU or actually anywhere in Boston?

She's only 20, so it needs to be a place where she can come too!
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 01:03 PM

I've been at a sports bar in Boston that was an old railroad station. Don't know anything about age limits or such.

And if the Red Sox win this series, they should be in Boston on Saturday night. Good luck getting tickets!
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM

The best place near BU is in Kenmore Square. Game On, Cask N Flagon, Baseball Tavern, Beer Works.

There's also the Sports Depot in Allston.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM

All of Wyatt's suggestions sound good, but if there is a game at Fenway that night, they will be crazy crowded. T's Pub was the place to go for BU students in my day and will be a little bit further from the Kenmore crazies.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM

I'm afraid all those places card at the door on game day. At least Game On, and Beer Works for certain, and I'm pretty sure C&F, and Baseball tavern as well. So your daughter will not be able to get in. They are probably better off going to a restaurant, rather than a bar. And then have dinner at the bar while the game is on. EVERY bar or restaurant in town will have TV's with the ALCS on.

Also, while the area will be crazy crowded, they may be able to get in someplace if its right after the Sox game starts. Eastern Standard would be a great place to eat dinner and watch the game.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 07:13 AM

What about going atad further from game -
we love watching a game at Clery's Irish pub on Dartmouth Street, right around corner from Neimans - great burgers, fish n chips, nice menu all around and bigger tv's in back room with comfie chairs - nice bar and high tops across from it too -

When underage, our kids always went to Clery's with us. I don't know the rules at Jillians or Felts but you can google them online and see -

have fun ! don't forget trip report
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM

The place built in an old train station is called The Sports Depot.

Coolidge Corner Clubhouse is a good place to watch sports. In coolidge corner, Brookline (not far from Campus).

Champions is in the Marriott hotel in Back Bay on Huntington Ave.

You might want to call any place directly to see if they'd allow an underage person in. Who knows, some places are officially 'restaurants' which have a bar that shows the game.

**here's another idea: There's a huge game-room type of place in Somerville, not far from the Boston town line (charlestown) called Good Times Emporium. This place HAS to let in a 20 year old, because it's one huge game room with indoor batting cages and all kinds of stuff. But it also has a bar, and several projection TVs showing the games. This might be the place a 20 year old can get in. But call call call to make sure.

Good luck
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Sheesh, I mean to say that Good Times Emporium is in SOMERVILLE, MA near the Charlestown section of Boston
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I don't know if these would work for you and I'm not at home so can't ask my kids, but they used to go to two places, Jillians and I think a place called Felt or something like that. your daughter probably knows more than we do at this point Lucy places to watch games !! we are the old folks now - and w/out my kids around to ask, I can't remember all the names -
Clery's would be fun, but still crazy and you'd need to get there early, Sat night at 9:30 the line was halfway down the street.... but i think everywhere will have the tv's on this weekend....
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM
kealalani

Are you sure she doesn't have a fake id????!!!!!!

The circus is in town, you might consider going to NStation to The Fours or Bosston Beerworks, which won't be as jammed as Fenway. mrlani like the blueberry ale - a curious ale with maine bluberrys added.....sound gross,but actually fun. He also thinks that she can get into Fenway Beerworks but no drinking. I have him thinking this one thru....more later.

Old Oct 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Boston is home to some of the greatest sports bars in the world. The Cask and Flagon is just across the street from Fenway and is a true Boston landmark. Another great bar is the Fours which is near TD Banknorth Garden and was Sports Illustrateds best US sports bar.