boston Marriott or Westin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know which is the better hotel the Boston Marriott Copley or the Westin??
I have never been to Boston. Are there other hotels in the area that are nicer?
The Westin is priced a little less than the Marriott, but it really doesn't matter.

Thanks for any input.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:52 PM

They are basically in the same area-- both TERRIFIC-- you cannot lose at either...BUT..........

The Marriott Copley Place is Directly connected to Copley Place Mall- which is terrific..from that point alone, I would pick the Marriott--as there are a lot of restaurants IN the Mall that are terrific...specifically Legal Seafoods..
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If you want a smaller hotel(33 rooms) is the new Charlesmark Hotel on Boylston street, almost opposite the Copely subway stop.
www.charlesmarkhotel.com

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:29 PM

andy might be a bit confused: the Marriott and the Westin are *both* connected to Copley Place.

The location is virtually identical, and both are comfortable, large business hotels. The Westin has the heavenly beds and showers that many people favor. But there's really very little to choose between them.
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:02 PM

We stayed at the Westin in February 2002. Loved it! It was a rainy weekend and we were able to go shopping without going outside because it is connected to the mall. The room was lovely and the service was fantastic.
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

How about they Fairmont Copley. Anyone try this place before. How do they compare to the Marriott???
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 04:36 PM

We've stayed at the Westin, Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Le Meridien, Copley Plaza...

They're all so similar that it's not worth fussing over.

What do you mean by "nicer"?

You may want to check out the brand new Nine Zero and the Ritz, which recently reopened after a $megamillion renovation. And, there's always the Four Seasons.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

The Marriott actually is $30 more a night than the Westin for the weekend we need. The Fairmont Copley is only 10 more than the Marriott. Just wondering which one is more worth it, or if they are all basically the same - then maybe the location might make a difference? If have never been to Boston, so I have no clue.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 07:19 AM

I have stayed both at the Westin and the Fairmont Copley. The Westin rooms are all basically the same but that's not true for the Fairmont. It's a beautiful old hotel with a great lobby but the rooms differ greatly. If you are getting the lowest offered rate, it may be a very small inner room...I would check that out first. All hotels are in a great location.