Search

Boston Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston Lodging

I am planning a trip to Boston in April and have narrowed choices to the Back Bay section. I am thinking of the Marriott, Westin or Hilton. Any recommendations?
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 02:37 AM

Hi,

All should be good. As a Hilton Honors member, I'm slighlty biased towards the Hilton but it was a good hotel, service was good, I got a room overlooking the Christian Science Centre/Church. The room was a reasonable size, with the usual amenties , quiet and clean.The food in the restaurant was good . On the day the restaurant did not have a buffet breakfast, I walked across to the Shertaton across the street.
There is a fitness centre and a pool.
It is a short walk to the Hynes/ICA T stop and you can also go through the Sheraton then the passegways of the Prudential Centre.

Hope this helps.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 04:40 AM

You might also want to consider the Sheraton, which we prefer over the others. It's connected to the Prudential Center, which is right on Boylston. Very handy. Especially in rainy weather.
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:00 AM

No real preference; am staying at the Marriott next weekend only because i got a good rate on priceline.

janet
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:26 AM

I think the Westin is most definitely the best of the lot there. And the Hilton not as good. But the Westin is almost never discounted, and the Hilton is easy to get low rates. Been there to conferences about 5 times or so, mostly compromised at either Sheraton or Marriott depending on the rates.
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:31 PM

If cost is no object, I love the FAIRMONT COPLEY PLAZA===

other wise-go for the Marriott Copley Sq
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 08:35 AM

I've stayed at both the Westin and Sheraton in Back Bay and without a doubt the Westin is my favorite!
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:58 PM

Just returned from April 4-8 in Boston Back Bay. Great place to locate in Boston. We ended up at the Colonade Hotel on Huntington right across from the Prudential Center. The Colonade was what I got by bidding on Priceline.com. I bid $100 for this 4 Star hotel that lists at $173 a nite. After failing at lower prices for other 4 Stars we got the Colonade. We were well pleased. I was traveling with my teenage son. The Prudential Subway stop is just steps out the door. You can also use the subway tunnel to go across the street to the Prudential Center in wet weather. We ate there at the food court some times and it was a great place for a teenager to hang out. Enterprise Car Rental is in the basement of the Prudential Building and was a convenient location. We would check our car back in at night so we didn't have to pay a parking charge. They left an "open ticket" so we could simply checkout again in the morning. We walked back to our hotel from the theatre district. We walked to the commons. We didn't eat at the Colonade but found the rooms clean, spacious, and well appointed. We would return again. The Marriott would have been a nice choice...shops, connected to Prudential etc, but for the money, we did fine. Enjoy your trip.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 12:09 PM
JBX

Log into www.boston.com and click on the travel section; sometimes they offer last minute deals.
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 04:46 AM

IN the same area as the Westin is The Lennox. Right next door to Lord & Taylor, less than a five minute walk to Copley Plaza and one block over from Boylston. Older and smaller than some others, it sometimes offers some fantastic specials.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:32 PM

I would recommend the Lennox as well. Its a smaller more charming hotel and the location is great. It was recently done over. They have a good pub downstairs, the library which is an architectural masterpiece and offers tours is right next door as is lord and taylor. one block away is newbury street with galleries, botiques and rsts. it is walking distance to lots of sights and there is a subway a block away, also a mall.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM

The Marriott always seemed the coolest because of it's location and connectivity to the shops and restaurants. Somewhere downstairs, in one of the lobby restaurants, their clam chowder is great.