Reload this Page >

Boston hotels near T-train stations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Heike

IN May we will visit Boston coming from the I 90. Which moderate or cheap hotels or chain motels are close to T-train stations? Thanks for help.

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:19 AM
help

Hello, Heike.
I'm not from Boston so I can't help you with this question. I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to repeat your question if you don't get an answer right away. As long as your question is still on the first page (most recent 50 questions)many people will see it and anyone who has helpful information will answer.
Be patient--there may not be any Boston "experts" online right now, but surely they will come soon--half an hour is very little time to wait to get an answer!
If you don't get an answer for a long time (usually several hours), of course you will want to try to bring your question back to our attention.The best way to do that is to find your own original question and 'answer' it-- all you have to do is say something like
"topping" (which means "bring this question back to the top so more people will see it") or you could add more information or questions as your "answer". If you list the same question twice, you might get answers in 2 different places and not see some of the best ones, (and you may annoy some people, especially if you repeat it several times)
I hope I don't seem harsh, I just want to help you get good information from here!
Good luck, and enjoy your trip (and now, you will see this question back near the top again!)

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:36 AM
x

heike--read both of these!

Old May 6th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Carolyn

Heike,
We reccommend the Chandler Inn. Great neighborhood. T-staion, right around the corner. Price 129.00 night. Near the Copley Square, shopping etc. Call me for reservations. 800-254-2324

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:52 AM
cap

There's a Holiday Inn across the street from a Green Line stop, a little farther
out than Fenway. Great neighborhood with little shops and restuarants. (Forget the name of it, though).

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Ann

Cap, that Holiday Inn is at 1200 Beacon St. in Brookline. It's a wonderful area, walking distance to Cooledge Corner (shops, restaurants, movies) and also a very short T ride into Boston. I don't know that it's considered "cheap" but it's very nice and well located. There are also some nice Inns in that area.

In Chestnut Hill (Brookline/Newton) on Rt. 9, there's a Park Inn which is probably much less expensive and close to a T station.

Old May 7th, 2002, 10:00 AM
sandy

The Holiday Inn is Brookline starts at about $179 night. Is in demand because of its location to the medical area of Boston.

The Park Inn isn't too close to a "T" staion. Nott terribly far but even so walking would take about 20-25 mins. to get to nearest station.

Also, the Park Inn unfortunatley is a footnote in the the tragic and horrible events of 9/11. Two of the terrorists of one of the 9/11 planes stayed there the night before they hijacked the plane. Not to take away from the Park Inn, just a sad note.

Old May 7th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Liam

Heike:

I would agree about the Park Inn - it's not very close to the T.

For relatively cheap accomodations, you might want to try the Holiday Inn in Newton. It's about 8 or 9 miles from downtown but the Green Line ("T") is across the parking lot from the hotel (Riverside station). Plus, this hotel is less than five minutes from I-90 and is easily accessible from the highway.

There isn't much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel as it is in an office/residential area, but it offers easy access to both the T and I-90.

Also in Newton are a Sheraton and Marriott which probably have a shuttle service and will be less expensive than the hotels in the city itself.

Best travels!

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Heike

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Greetings from Germany Heike

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Motel 6 in Braintree is also across the street from a T station.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing the OP figured it out by now, since this thread is 10 years old