Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Boston hotels: Hilton Back Bay or Financial?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at one of these two Hilton Hotels in Boston? Do you have any suggestion or complain? Which closer to the center of town (i don't have any idea of where the center of Boston is), shops, restaurants, etc? Or do you have any other hotel you've stayed to suggest?
Thanks
Milli
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Boston is a relatively small city and very walkable. For longer distances, there's the "T" (subway).

The Back Bay Hilton is nicely located with Copley Square and Newbury Street, etc., within a short walk.

The Hilton Financial is closer to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and the waterfront.

No matter where you stay, you'll probably want to go all over...

On weekends, the immediate neighborhood of the Hilton Financial is very quiet (deserted and many places, even Starbuck's are closed).
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 01:46 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Raddison which is about 1 block off of the Commons. Clean, friendly staff, good location and reasonable price. I'd stay there again in the future. Like djkbooks said, the heart of Boston is relatively small and the T serves most outlying areas you'd be interested in. We flew in, took the T into town from Logan (via a short shuttle bus ride to the closest stop) and got around easily.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 01:49 PM

I think both Hiltons are fine. But given the choice, I'd probably choose the Back Bay Hilton because its closer to more restaurants which is nice in the evenings.

as far as other hotels, there are loads of recommendations on this site. If you have a specific budget or feature or something you'd like, perhaps we could have a better idea what to recommend?
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM

I agree, the location of the Back Bay Hilton is a bit better. No big deal if you can only get the Hilton Financial though.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your answers. I think the Back Bay would suit my needs. Is it a good quality hotel (meaning high standard)? Nice rooms? I've read about the Fairmont Copley as well. Which would you recommend?
Milli
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:46 AM

I've stayed at the Back Bay Hilton twice now. Both times we stayed in a king deluxe room. One was a nicely appointed contemporary room with very large windows facing the dome of the Mother Church of Christian Science (a Boston landmark). Had a great shower but no tub. The other room was more traditionally decorated, seemed a tad dated but had a balcony overlooking the Back Bay and the Charles River. I would be happy to get either room again. Location is very good.