Boston hotel help - airport shuttles?

Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Boston hotel help - airport shuttles?

Do any of the downtown hotels offer airport shuttle service (and about how long a trip is it)? I've just flopped at Priceline, going all the way up to $105 for either the Hilton or Hyatt (4*s) at Logan.
Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

I'm addled this morning. Guess I should also have asked the approximate cost of a taxi, if we need to do that.
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:37 PM

You can take their subway/railway from the airport to anywhere! It's fast, safe and a lot cheaper! Do some checking on the city site to get a better idea.
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! How timely that I checked in just now. One of our 'factors' is an inability to 'schlep' for much in the way of distance....so a shuttle (or taxi/and fare) is pretty important info at this point.

Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:21 PM

I don't know why shuttles are so unpopular on this forum. When I was going to Boston only 1 or 2 posters knew about them, others said there are none.

I didn't reserve a shuttle in advance to go to the hotel from the airport, didn't wait long, and the price was, don't remember exactly, $13-15 range one person one way. There may be a discount for a 2nd person, not sure.

To go back I called the 800 number from a phone book in the hotel room, the shuttle was 10-15 minutes early, I'm still in shock

If you open the airport website and click on ground transportation there is a list of hotels with the taxi prices.
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Faina Again: Duh - why didn't I think of that! I tend not to think of checking out airport websites...when actually they can be so helpful. I'm "off to Logan" right now. Thank you!
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:10 PM

http://www.massport.com/logan/getti.html
this web site will get you lots of info...
I stayed at the Marriott Longwharf--
next to aquarium..I was told taxi would be $13 to $ 16 plus tip...So I got my bag (big with wheels!!) walked out door and caught the "free" AIRPORT MTA shutle to MTA station.
cost me $1.25 --and got out right in front of my hotel !!!!
The convenience of this of course depends how close your hotel is to a subway station...
Most people I know that go to Boston frequently use the shuttles that will drop you off at a specific hotel...
Good luck

Jul 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

I succeeded with Priceline last nite - got two nites at the Hyatt Regency Financial District for $65.

Now to figure out which shuttle/where?? I've been to the Logan site and am still a little confused as there seem to be a number of companies listed, most w/o links.

(I'm used to Chicago which - for downtown hotels - has one: Airport Express, with regular runs to both airports from downtown Chicago hotels).
Jul 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM

Pick up the phone and call the Hyatt Regency (a very nice hotel and that's a terrific rate for a very nice hotel in Boston). They will recommend a shuttle service. Or, just go to the Massport website, where you'll find approximate taxi fares to/from all the downtown hotels.

Since you've "saved" at least $40 a night on your room rate, I'd go for a taxi, with luggage. Any shuttle will be picking up/dropping off others, whereas a taxi will zoom you here to there in both directions.
Mar 14th, 2009, 12:18 PM

Am trying to get info on shuttle service from Logan Airport to the Sheraton Braintree hotel in Braintree (about 12 miles from the airport, I think) - so far not successful. The hotel is not in downtown Bos. I don't want to take a subway and lug my suitcase several blocks to the hotel. Came across a van website that quoted $60 + 20% gratuities + tolls for the trip - I'd like something cheaper than that - like traveler24 got.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Mar 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM

Why on earth did you top a 4-year old post in order to ask your question? You can either call the hotel for suggestions, or take the Logan Express to Braintree for about $20, since its lot is right next to the hotel.

The "shuttle" that traveler24 took is part of the public transit system in Boston, taking travelers from the airport terminals to the nearest subway station, and he then took the subway to his hotel. The Sheraton is at least 2 miles, not "several blocks", from the nearest subway station.
Mar 14th, 2009, 01:10 PM

On second thought, given your priority for not schlepping the suitcase, you'd probably be better-off taking the public transit to the Braintree subway station and then catching a cab for the last 2 miles to the hotel. From your terminal, take the Silver Line bus to South Station, then take the Red Line subway to Braintree.