Boston - Fenway Park - Red Sox

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I will be in Boston in June and are keen to take in a Red Sox game. With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to get 2 tickets to the game on June 18 against the Rays? We are also both lifelong Liverpool fans, and as you probably well know, both clubs are owned by John Henry and Tom Werner. My mate has meet the legendary Bill Shankley and Bob Paisley and we are thinking about trying to send an email to them to let them know how much we appreciate what they have done for Liverpool FC and seeing if it would be possible to meet them in person to tell them this. Would you by any chance know of an email or address other than the generic Red Sox ones online that would help this cause? Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Redsox.com has tickets available for that game right now - buy them now while they still are available. Sit anywhere, even the bleachers - depending on your budget EXCEPT GS (grandstand) sections 2, 3, 4 - these seats are at a strange angle to the field.

I can't help with the email question. But enjoy the Red Sox game. You might enjoy a tour of Fenway Park as well - red Sox website has info on those as well.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM

well, have you tried getting tickets through the official website, redsox.com? Weeknights are not all sold out, and you would have a good chance of finding something. If that doesn't work out, you can try stubhub, but there is no rush to do that.

sorry, can't help with an email address.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM

oh, and I agree with Gail on the seats, except I think would include sections 5 and 6 in the "don't buy those" advice.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM

I've ordered tickets online and gotten so-so seats in right field.

I've also walked up before the game and got primo tickets in the Mezzanine area right behind home plate. Best seats in the ball park.

The Rays aren't the Yankess. Your best bet is to get tickets just by walking up to the box office before the game.

Warning: they will card you in Boston, even if you're 100 years old. Always have some photo I.D. with you if you want a beer.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM

If you want a beer, non-=US drivers licenses are usually not accepted - bring your passport.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM

Rastaguy, that seems like bad advice to me. When did you last buy tickets on the day of game. I mean you are talking about a team with a sellout streak that goes back to 2004. Now, I know the streak is likely to end this April. But that really doesnt mean there will be tix available in june, even if it's not the Yankees.

Now, its also true tat those grandstand seats behind home plate are the ones saved for players friends and family, so they are sometimes released in the days before the game. But I would not advise a person in town for a short visit to depend on getting seats like that.

If this team turns out to be better than expected, those tickets will vanish. Fenway is a small park, with a rabid fan base. Don't count on buying box office tix on the day of game.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:25 PM

I agree with china_cat, the walk-up on game day advice is crap. Get decent tickets through the blosax own website now and don't mess with fate. Even stinkbomb Redsux teams have survived until June with decent records in the past and Fenway has a small capacity (37,495, fourth-smallest in baseball - although that's misleading, it's easily the physically smallest of the 30 major league stadiums and it's not built for comfort either). Beware the OBV seats - there are lots of poles holding up the 4,000 year old structure (that may be a bit off) that is Fenway.